Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cotic Soul sizing
  • skaifan
    Free Member

Im 5 feet and 8 inches tall. Would a medium or small Cotic be the better fit for me? I mostly ride technical single track in the surrey hills so am not too fussed about it feeling "racey".

bobster
    Free Member

I'm your size and used to ride a small Soda. I have a long torso and short legs (32" inside leg) always wondered if I'd of been better on a medium for all day rides. But for singletrack and tech riding it was fab.

4ags4
    Free Member

I'm the same size and have had both and personally I preferred the fit of the medium for general xc duties though I imagine the small may suit you more if you are just doing short, technical rides. Best to try and get a spin on both really before you pay out.

lrd
    Free Member

5'7 here and on a small. It just fits with a 90mm stem but I'm a tad cramped with a 70 – my arse wants to slide off the back. Might try a layback seat post as prefer the 70.

Bobster I can't figure you out. A huge 32" inside leg and a long torso but you're only 5'8 – so you have no neck? 29" leg here but certainly wouldn't call my torso long…

MoreCashThanDash

I'd suggest you ask Cy – I'm 5'9 and he got it spot on suggesting a medium with a 90mm stem, he's obviously the best informed and experienced guy on the subject

soops
    Free Member

I have a medium soda with a 90mm stem you can try if your near stafford?

skaifan
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer. Im in guildford though so would be unable to you take you up on that. I had a 17" P7 that fitted well, until it got stolen. A little too short in the top tube mind. Looking at the geo for both it seems like the medium would be the better fit. Im currently riding a 16.5" 12 year Trek 8000, which is at its limit with me on it so i think itll be medium for me. Thanks for all your helps.

lrd
    Free Member

Sounds right, my SS is a 17" P7. Took it out Wednesday night and it felt really stretched after so much riding on the small Soul. Measured up and the P7s 3" longer saddle to bars.

theboatman
    Free Member

5'9 on a medium soul, with an 80mm stem and an online post, and it fits like it was made for me.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

I'm also 5' 8" and I ride a small Simple, with a 70mm stem. I find it great, especially on the technical singletrack and blasting downhills. I also sometimes think a medium might be better on long days, but I'd never get it because for me the top tube is already as long as I'd ever want, and, crucially, it rides so bloody well.
    Amazing bike.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Soul sizing’ is closed to new replies.