Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cotic Soul owners – what chainrings for 9-speed
  • timnwild

I bought a built 2007 Soul and I love it, but its chainrings and cassette are nearly dead. Anyone got a drivetrain set-up they love – or hate?

Thanks

tragically1969
    Free Member

Chainrings and cassette are not really bike specific, just put on what you like…..

brakes
    Free Member

I've got a 9-spd set up on my Soul with a 36T Middleburn ring up front – it is about 1mm away from rubbing on the chainstay!
    I had to flip the chainring so that the chainring bolts wouldn't be too long and it's only a corner's flex away from scoring the chainstay.

ourmaninthenorth

Er, what tragically 1969 said – what have these got to do with the frame?

Oh, you're pleased as punch you bought a Soul and wanted to share…. 😀

timnwild

I do like it, yeah 😉 But because I didn't do the build myself, I wondered how other people were setting theirs up. But I feel a bit stupid now, so I'll be off.

ourmaninthenorth

But I feel a bit stupid now, so I'll be off.

Nah. FWIW, I built mine with LX (as then was) HT2 chainset, and just use regular Shimano rings. I prefer steel Deore middle rings, as they last longer.

Cassette – anything goes. I use Shimano XT with the largest sprocket being 34 (it's a comfort blanket).

Remember to change the chain at the same time as swapping the casette – that way you avoid any mismatch and chain skipping/slipping.

Enjoy the Soul. they're ace! 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Soul owners – what chainrings for 9-speed’ is closed to new replies.