Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cotic Soul
  • honourablegeorge

Right, I get it now. What a great frame. Been busy all weekend, and haven’t had much of a chance to ride the bike since I got it for a whole load of reasons, other than some fairly tame trail centre rides, but got down the local woods for a couple of hours this morning to give it a proper battering. It really does just feel “right”.

Delighted with it.

will1
    Free Member

Any pics of it?????

yossarian
    Free Member

They are great frames. A modern classic without doubt. What length forks are you using? I liked around 110mm best on mine.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Good to hear as I may be about to buy one!

stevede
    Free Member

I love mine too, love the feel of the frame, bit of spring to the back end, great geometry, i find mine handles best around 120mm to 130mm but i do like having u turn as occassionally i’ll put it up to 140mm and plough through stuff i probably shouldn’t! Great all rounder.

souldrummer
    Free Member

Always liked mine, but now I have put an 1 degree angled headset in it I like it even more. Need to do a few more rides on it to get used to the new handling but first run was a lot of fun.

brakes
    Free Member

why was that souldrummer? steeper? running a longer fork?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Also be interests to know what headset you’re using for that?

Vortexracing

good aren’t they

welcome to the club 😀

mt
    Free Member

really think mine is fantastic. Had a problem with mine early on that was a pain but solved by Paul and Si quickly and have not looked back. Totally suprised me that the cheapest frame I have owned since the mid 90’s is the best off road bike I have ever ridden. Run it mostly on slightly to soft 110 travel but put it out to 140 when I’m on really steep stuff(for me anyway). If I could build the same bike out of Ti I’d buy one straight away. If you ride the peaks, the Dales or the Lakes it’s a great great bike.

edit more poor spelling

souldrummer
    Free Member

I fitted a Works Components headset. It has slacked the head angle by 1 degree which has made descending feel more secure. I have found more weight is needed over the fork in tight singletrack to keep the front wheel tracking properly. I am running an old u-turn Rev and have wound the fork out a tad to about 120 just because I wanted to keep the handlebars at the same height. Also needed to adjust the saddle to compensate for the change in head angle and have moved it forward a bit to keep the weight on the front wheel. My overall impression after the first ride was that I felt able to tackle stuff I would normally think twice about. Whether that is ultimately down to the new bike set up or just me feeling more confident becuase I know it is slacker, I have yet to nail down. A few more rides will enable me to tease out what is what, but I am certainly enjoying it so far.

honourablegeorge

@will – this is her. Just waiting on Haven bars and those cheap Rose Bikes XT brakes (dunno if I’m getting them, my order still hasn’t shipped) to finish it off.

@mt – someone’s already built it in Ti, more or less – HERE

will1
    Free Member

Very very nice, I must get another!!!!

soops
    Free Member

I miss mine!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Soul’ is closed to new replies.