Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cotic Solaris or Stanton Sherpa
  • breninbeener

I am currently lusting after a steel HT. Im not sure why, i have lots of other bikes, but i just cant help myself.

I have an Orange Gyro and Banshee Paradox in 29er flavour, and a 650b carbon enduro bike as well as a carbon xc 26 HT.

The new bike will be used for N Wales trail centres and some bikepacking, and a bit of mtb exploring.

Anyone ridden both? Or owned both and can offer a comparison?

thanks

jim25

I’m no help here, but I share you desire for an unnecessary steel hard tail!

breninbeener

It may be part of my midlife crisis. I have a carbon 26ht, an alu 29ht….and other bikes. But i just cant stay away…..n+1….

bikeneil
    Free Member

Cotic Solaris or Stanton Sherpa

That’s a bit like saying Beer or Wine? Either one will make you smile!

breninbeener

Are they as different as wine and beer? Or am i being a pedant?

survivor

Have a search on here. Been loads of topics in this but as you’ll see I love my Sherpa ?

breninbeener

There doesnt seem to be any direct 1st hand comparison. It may have to be a case of choosing what i most like the colour or head badge most…

fudge9202
    Free Member

Was in the same dilemma, bought the Sherpa and loved it.

mboy
    Free Member

Have ridden both, though not extensively. GF has a Sherpa and have briefly ridden someone else’s Solaris.

I’d have the Sherpa every day. Slightly shorter back end, slacker HA and steeper SA, and it feels livelier to ride (the Cotic feels a bit dead IMO, like other Cotic’s I’ve owned/ridden).

Don’t be tempted to stick too long a travel fork on either and ruin the sharp handling!

FWIW, if the Sherpa’s BB was 10mm lower and they did an 18″ size (I seem to fall inbetween their 17 and 19″ sizes) I’d have bought one myself. The BB’s on my own bikes are loooooow though so wouldn’t suit everyone.

breninbeener

Cool. Really fancy the Sherpa in green!

nwill1
    Free Member

Have you seen the new Ti Sherpa!! (Sorry off topic)

Personally I’d go Sherpa…I very nearly brought one till a deal on a Ti Slackline came up on here at the right price!

poey50
    Free Member

Green Sherpa here with 120 Rebas. No regrets.

breninbeener

The green is killer! Argh

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Solaris or Stanton Sherpa’ is closed to new replies.