Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cotic Soda forks
  • robbespierre
    Free Member

I have just bought a cotic Ti frame. Any suggestions for forks that work well with sofa/soul frame?
    Cheers
    Graeme

robbespierre
    Free Member

bump

simondbarnes

Found mine by far the best with 100mm rebas.

daveb
    Free Member

I run mine with Fox F120 forks, very nice with those.

I also have a Soul, have tried it with 100mm, 120mm and 140mm and much prefer it with the 120mm setup (its a 2007 so a bit different geometry to the newer ones).

nicko74

Depends on the age. Up to 2008/9, try some 130mm Revelations with U-turn to give you the full option from 100-130mm; after that, perhaps 120mm Rebas.

titusrider
    Free Member

personally id second Fox F120’s QR15

chiefgrooveguru

Something like a bolt-thru Float 120 would make sense – fairly light, fairly stiff, 120mm. Or Revelations. All the Souls, Sodas and BFes have identical geometry for a given size, regardless of era.

Northwind

The old 100-130mm quick release Revelations went perfect with my Soul- light, controlled, perfect range of lengths… I always liked it best at 120mm or thereabouts but it worked really well at all the lengths, just had a different character. (u-turn much better for this sort of thing than TALAS, fork works correctly at all lengths)

metalheart
    Free Member

I ran a set of TALAS so I could swap between 100 and 120 (but most of the time ran at 100).

The last time I rode it I was finding it a little skittish on the descents at 100 so upped to 120 and it felt much better. But this was immediately after riding a couple of slack bikes.

I run F120’s on the Soul and have no complaints…

daveb
    Free Member

The setup on the old Soul’s was more suited to a 100 – 120mm fork. I bought a second hand earlier this year and spoke with Cotic about it before putting forks onto it. (perhaps I used the wrong terminology saying the geometry was different)

As for the Soda, you could run it with 130 – 140mm I guess but I think the handling would be pretty poor, also Cy recommends 100 – 120mm with the Soda.

For me the bolt through Fox F120 (or Reba/SID equivalent) with a nice wheelset is perfect on the Soda.

Going back to the OP, I am sure you will love it with 100 or 120mm forks, its a brilliant frame to build around.

chiefgrooveguru

The new frames are stiffer than the old ones so they suffer less (in terms of unwanted flex) from the extra leverage from a longer stiffer fork.

tonyplym
    Free Member

Well happy with Fox F120/QR15 on mine.

robbespierre
    Free Member

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback!
    Very useful.
    I wanted to canvas opinion before “forking” out for forks!

I quite like the Talas 100-120 option.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

120mm bolt through Reba on mine.

metalheart
    Free Member

Hmm, I have a set of 09/10? TALAS which just came off the Soda sitting around doing nothing…

They are 9mm QRs though…

robbespierre
    Free Member

🙂
    Metalheart,
    Send me some photos and details to J_RobbATskyDOTcom

I may well be interested.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Soda forks’ is closed to new replies.