Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Cotic Rocket frame, what's it worth?
  • teamslug
    Free Member

Pulls up chair and puts kettle on….

hora
    Free Member

and it rubbed the front mech ‘bit’

So if you ran 1×10 you’d be fine? It’d raise the Rockets price because people would KNOW they can dabble/have the option one day if they wanted to run 650b too. Just knowing that means you’d pay a bit more. True?

Northwind….he said the list of these frames is very short. I siezed on ‘very’.

hora
    Free Member

If the Rocket can accommodate 650b I’d say its easy worth £700. This answers the OP’s question IMO (as well as including some arguing within his veiled for sale topic). you know the unwritten rule- you post a ‘whats it worth’ thread and its open-season 😉

My frame will depreciate? True- but its being used and I know I can use both wheel sizes in it. 😀

v666ern
    Free Member

i like your garden

Northwind

hora – Member

Northwind….he said the list of these frames is very short. I siezed on ‘very’.

Well, actually you seized on “none”.

bigrich

it won’t depreciate, cos it’ll snap.

chiefgrooveguru

You can bodge 27.5 wheels into loads of 26 frames. The list of 26 bikes that are IMPROVED (or at least made no less good) by switching to 27.5 wheels is very short.

If you can’t see the downsides of raising the BB, slackening both head and seat angles (or losing front travel) and thus raising stack and shortening reach and losing clearance for properly big tyres (or decent mud clearance for smaller tyres), by forcing in some bigger wheels purely so you think you’re “future proofed” then I can’t help you.

hora
    Free Member

i like your garden

If I had a garden like that I wouldn’t be slumming it with an old KS dropper…

chestrockwell

In general Santa Cruz know what they are doing with their frames/recipe.

The ones I’ve tried have been bang average.

Don’t know what the Rocket will be worth but as a guide a 26″ Orange 5 frame that would have sold for £700/800 18 months ago seems to struggle to make much more then £500 now.

Even though the Rocket was in demand when available is it really now? It’s been that long that I’d have thought most people would have found a new muse by now.

hora
    Free Member

it won’t depreciate, cos it’ll snap.

Many manufacturers had frames from 6yrs ago snapping or cracking..not just commy’s.

FTFY

Saying that…..the V4 has a wee bit of flex built into the rear to help with ride characteristics…. this may comeback to bite them one day.

dragon
    Free Member

It’s Cotic’s that snapped.

I wouldn’t pay much for a Rocket, it’s 26″ and from a manufacturer with a poor reputation for full sus frames. But end of the day there may be some mug willing to pay £600+ for it.

chiefgrooveguru

Saying that…..the V4 has a wee bit of flex built into the rear to help with ride characteristics…. this may comeback to bite them one day.

Aaarghhhhhhhhhh…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s Cotic’s that snapped.

Say wha’ Willis?

I wouldn’t pay much for a Rocket, it’s 26″ and from a manufacturer with a poor reputation for full sus frames. But end of the day there may be some mug willing to pay £600+ for it.

You’ll have to enlighten us on that gem. Never heard a bad word about hemlocks, despite them being rather marmite in the looks department, and the rocket got rave reviews, then Cy was rather unfortunate with his attempts at moving production to the UK for the rocket. I was one who was waiting for one, so fairly well versed in the whole sorry affair.

There’s a few things that could be levelled at cotic, but no way is poor reputation for building bikes one of them.

jam-bo

Never heard a bad word about hemlocks

I know of several that snapped.

Scamper
    Free Member

when was the last time a meta snapped? The v3’s seemed bomb proof.

Northwind

jam bo – Member

I know of several that snapped.

I know of one that snapped several times 😆 Buut, they did revise it to fix all the issues, supported owners superbly, and the bike (when not broken) was fantastic. Commencal’s issue wasn’t just that they had a load of models that broke, it’s also that they didn’t really support customers when they broke- long long waits to get a replacement of the exact same part.

But both ancient history tbh

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Rocket frame, what's it worth?’ is closed to new replies.