Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Cotic – more than one Orange colour?
  • woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Just received my Cotic Soul frame from eBay. It’s got a couple of chips so I’ll be touching up the paint before spending more time than is healthy with the T-Cut and autoglym.

From previous posts I see that Cotic orange colour is very close to Revell 30 model paint. However, the other day I saw a post with two orange Cotics side by side. One was orange the other was a darker orange. Mine looks close to VW mars red (for the car paint nerds).

Does anyone know if Cotic have more than one orange in their paint box?

Haze

Pantone 1655C, think Ral 2006 is nearest (had my Simple done in this)

Not sure if there’s another code they use…

kelvin

The very first Souls were powdercoated in the UK, and are a different orange to the all the others.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Thanks all. For £1.50 I’ll try the Revel paint out first. Tried to get a colour match at Halfords in Lowestoft. However the retards have thrown out their colour matching books. Sigh.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Revell 30 is no where near Cotic orange. Much too bright.

Fortunately I’ve been directed to a local motor factors who “have a special machine that will match the colour”

I wish manufacturers would at the very least sell touch up pens…

chiefgrooveguru

Revell 30 is no where near Cotic orange. Much too bright.

I thought it was a pretty good match. Has your frame faded with use/sun/age?

Merak

That’s why I sold mine and got a black one. Every one knows the cool kids rock black Souls. 🙂

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

I thought it was a pretty good match. Has your frame faded with use/sun/age?

Nope, mine is a fraction darker than Revell 30 – I could probably mix a little red in to get a better match. I spent a week touching up all the stone chips on my black Ford Focus. I think I may have some sort of OCD when it comes to repairing paint!

pericamali
    Free Member

Hi!

Sorry for hijacking your thred but I have a question for owners of Cotic Soul MKIII frames.

Are there industrial dents on inner side of chianstay on each side or only on drivetrain side?

Thank you!

pericamali
    Free Member

Definitely Pantone 1655C Gloss.

chiefgrooveguru

The MkII doesn’t have crimped chainstays – has crimping been added for MkIII to clear 2×10 drivetrains better?

toys19
    Free Member

Colours fade?

tuffty
    Free Member

If those indents were to clear 2×10 chainsets, wouldn’t they be on the outside of the stay?

chiefgrooveguru

If those indents were to clear 2×10 chainsets, wouldn’t they be on the outside of the stay?

Not if the chainstay to BB weld point had been moved inwards at the same time.

tuffty
    Free Member

Oh I see what you mean, then the indent would still give mud clearance. I run a MKII with 2×10 and its OK

househusband

Looks like Cy has changed the design… I suffered repeated chainsuck on mine – MkII I guess without the crimps? I ran a two-ring 22/36 chainset and clearance was very tight by the 36t chainring… this was the result:

I know I wasn’t the only one that had this – but the chainsuck vanished when I went back to a normal 3-ring 22/32/44 chainset.

pericamali
    Free Member

I posted a confusing picture.
    The crimp is only on inner side of drivetrain side chianstay.
    Inner side of non drivetrain chainstay is not crimped.

pericamali
    Free Member

I ment this:

chiefgrooveguru

Yes. The MkII Soul has no crimping on the chainstays. It looks like the MkIII has had crimping added but it wouldn’t have needed it for tyre clearance – there is tons! But if the chainstay to BB weld point had been moved inwards to improve chainring clearance then inner crimping may have been needed to maintain tyre clearance.

pericamali
    Free Member

Could be.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Cotic – more than one Orange colour?’ is closed to new replies.