Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • COTIC HELP: Top swing (low band) front mech & 11 Speed 105 drifters?
  • binno
    Free Member

hello all,

I’m trying to fit mudguards to a Cotic Escapade and I’m having clearance issues with my 105 11 speed front mech.

Does anyone know of a top swing (low band) front mech that would work with a 50T 11 speed shimano 105 set up?

sillyoldman

No – you’ll need to use an 11 speed road mech and they are all conventional type.

Would a braze on with a band adaptor help or hinder?

binno
    Free Member

I’m using a braze on mech BTW. the band and pinch bolt area of the front mech are essentially the way.
    A Top song would / should clear it but i’m keen t know if it will work before i buy one to try?

scaled
    Free Member

Got SKS chromoplastics on mine, i just cut a bit out of the mudguard to fit round the mech.

I’d take a photo but took the guards off to race last night 😀

otsdr
    Free Member

The XT won’t work. Is it the new or the old Escapade? With the old one you could try fitting the wheel as far back as the brake mount allows.

binno
    Free Member

New model Escapade, so fixed rear length.

Anyone know the pull ratios on 11 speed MTB vs Road front mechs?

otsdr
    Free Member

The MTB mech has a capacity of 10 teeth, much too low for a compact chainset; also, its radius matches that of a smaller chainring (max 38).

Assuming it works, you will still need to increase the leverage by moving the attachment point of the cable (gold bit).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘COTIC HELP: Top swing (low band) front mech & 11 Speed 105 drifters?’ is closed to new replies.