Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Cotic Bfe stealth(ish) build – will I regret…
  • prezet
    Free Member

I don’t know. You tell us. A slammed Pike would indicate 95mm, or Argyle at 100mm according to your post.

Nick

BFe’s being hardtails, ride far better with shorter travel forks and a rider who actually knows how to ride a hartail fast over rough ground

Yeah yeah yeah

Meanwhile, everyone else just gets on with enjoying themselves, riding what every they like.

GW
    Free Member

prezet – a Slammed Pike can be a lot less travel than 95mm.
    an 831 would also indicate 100mm but a maxle Reba could be 80-120mm.

I purposely didn’t mention an exact amount of travel 😉 is that all too much for you cope with?

prezet
    Free Member

is that all too much for you cope with?

It’d just be nice to quantify your post – rather than general statements that benefit no one. As you always seem to come to these types of posts to give your “I know far more than all of you” superior attitude.

GW
    Free Member

if that’s how you feel I’m not sure why you’d ever need anything I’ve ever said quantified? 😕

warpcow
    Free Member

Yeah, I have been looking at Wotans but nobody seems to stock them, especially in black.

Magura stopped doing the Wotan last year. Probikeshop.fr had them in their sale last month for just €299, but I think I blagged the last one 😀 Lovely fork if you find one though.

prezet
    Free Member

if that’s how you feel I’m not sure why you’d ever need anything I’ve ever said quantified?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

BFe’s being hardtails, ride far better with shorter travel forks and a rider who actually knows how to ride a hartail fast over rough ground

I’m not really sure what all this means but my original point wasn’t actually about travel (Pikes/Sektors/Lyriks are all with 20mm or so of each other). Rather it was saying that the Sektor isn’t quite stiff/burly enough to handle what the BFe really likes, which is more extreme riding than that which suits, say, a Soul.

adstick
    Free Member

I hate to say it but I’m with GW. Long travel hardtails IMO are a terrible idea. If you need some cushioning and feel longer travel would help, get an FS bike, the balance of the bike as a whole is much better…

stevede
    Free Member

You simply need to take a quick look at the almost exclusively XC set-ups here to see there’s no way any of the BFe’s on this thread are being ridden harder than any of those forks are capable of handling. the only thing hard hitting about them is the massive forks and I’d bet most still have the standard medium divey spring in.

GW – standard medium divey spring removed and fitted with an x-firm on my Sektors, my BFe does get ridden hard too! Forks were awful with the standard spring, at 14st fully kitted up i really shouldn’t be needing an x firm, rockshox definately got the spring rates wrong on these forks. Ride with my forks between 120mm and 130mm, feels weird with any more travel even on bigger/steeper stuff. Just because a frame is warrantied for 160mm forks doesn’t mean you have to use them. Each to there own though i suppose.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Bfe stealth(ish) build – will I regret…’ is closed to new replies.