• This topic has 19 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by cy.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Cotic BFe finished
  • SirHC

Just had a quick spin round on it, handles well, bit stiffer than the Soul I borrowed. Forks feel very good, thumbs up to LocoTuning.

jamesb
    Free Member

Very nice indeed; whats your spec on it? and weight? Getting Bfe next week, wont look as flash as yours though as transferring kit off a FS (Pace RC 40 100-130mm travel adjust / Hope Hoops EN 521 / Hope Mono Minis / SLX triple / Easton bars to go on)

SirHC

Revelation RLT Ti’s
    Pro II’s on Flow Rims, Advantage Tyres
    Elixir Brakes
    X9 drivetrain
    E13 XCX
    Raceface Atlas FR cranks
    EA70 Bar, Hope Stem, Thomson Post

Came in at 27lbs

lunge

I like that, that looks really good.

jools182
    Free Member

nice
    want one

poppa
    Free Member

Very nice! I reckon a Soul could have handled that build too.

rOcKeTdOg

very nice build

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Looks smart but I reckon you might want to put a proper chain device on it

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I think I’m going to invest in a bfe, I have yet to ride or even see one in the flesh so was a bit apprihensive. Yours looks great. What’s the size like?

mboy
    Free Member

What size are the Maxxis? They look Huge!

Glad to see someone else going the 1×9 route anyway…

dandan
    Free Member

sexy

SirHC

mboy
    What size are the Maxxis? They look Huge!
    Glad to see someone else going the 1×9 route anyway…

2.25’s, they are certainly bigger than a high roller 2.35. Once the summer is back, larsens/bling blings are going on it.

catflees46
    I think I’m going to invest in a bfe, I have yet to ride or even see one in the flesh so was a bit apprihensive. Yours looks great. What’s the size like?

The are a couple of demo soul’s about, ring Cotic and see where the nearest shop is. I went for the medium, dont get too hung up on seattube lengths, the toptube is more important. I’m 6ft and running a 70mm stem, got a 50mm to try as well.

davidtaylforth
    Looks smart but I reckon you might want to put a proper chain device on it

Whats wrong with the XCX?

mboy
    Free Member

Cool, thought they might be the 2.25’s. Tempted to try one on the rear, though what on the front? A 2.5 Minion maybe (seeing as 2.35 will be narrower!)…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Whats wrong with the XCX?

Just cant see it keeping the chain on when riding downhill courses etc. Especially if you have to put in a back pedal stroke.

_tom_
    Free Member

Looks great, love that colour.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Thanks Sir H. I’ve currently got £1000 and no ride, my bike parts bins got a new spoon ti saddle, peaty lock on grips, an Easton stem and seat post, and an old pair of dart 2 forks. I was planning on a bfe frame, hope headset and xt mechs. Use the dart2’s then ditch them end of November for a more substancial fork. I could just wait till end of Nov and buy everything then but not having a rides killing me!! Any thoughts advice anyone?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

…did I say it looks stunning

kelvin

I can’t see the photo. <sulks>

kelvin

I can see it!

cy

@catflees46 – Email us about sizing and demos. We can help out. So long as your Darts are at least 100mm travel they’ll work fine on the BFe as an interim solution. Given the price of forks today, in my opinion you’d be better off buying the slightly cheaper-but-nearly-as-good SLX drivetrain and putting the money saved over XT into the best thru axle fork you can get.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Cotic BFe finished’ is closed to new replies.