Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cotic Bfe Build, 140mm fork recommendations please? Confused content!?!
  • matty456
    Free Member

New Bfe build is imminent. Making list and looking at forks. Will be using it mainly for trail centres and local rough stuff, climbs included so not too gnar! Quite like the idea of a dual position so first looked at RS Sektor Gold DP Coil, now seen RS Sektor Gold RL Solo, now seen RS Revelation RL Solo. Thinking 140mm max would best suit my riding. Getting a bit confused now 😕 Ta.

HansRey
    samjgeorge86
    Free Member

+1 for the Mazzys. I’m a Marzocchi fan boy though…..

superfli
    Free Member

+2 for the 44s! I have them on my soul, albeit converted to air and dropped to 130. They perform so so much better than previous Fox F120 + Rebas. Compression damping a must (well for air sprung at least). Screw the travel adjust, you wont need it.

phatstanley
    Free Member

Screw the travel adjust, you wont need it.

plus one…

i have slants at 160 and love ’em on the bfe…

methers27
    Free Member

X fusion slants or velvety with their dla system get great reviews, they are also more budget friendly

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

+3 for the ‘zocchi 44RC3ti if you can find one.
    Have had mine for 3 years, been on three bikes so far… Meta 5, then Orange 5, now on 456evoTi.
    I like them best on the 456. It’s doing everything the Five did, only faster 🙂
    They just work… all the time… smoothly… plushly… flawlessly…

In fact the only thing that I’ve tried that I like even more is the 66RC3ti that I have on my Patriot.

al2000

Another vote for the 44 RC3 Ti – superb forks.

That said.. Mine will be available for sale soon, drop me a mail if interested (address in profile).

Scamper
    Free Member

Had 130/160 Slants on my Bfe – great forks. In fact forks and frame now for sale.

matty456
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions. Anyone had any experience with these? RS Sektor Gold DP Coil, Sektor Gold RL Solo, Revelation RL Solo. 140mm max.

warpcow
    Free Member

I have the older version of the Sektor Gold RL Solo. It hasn’t missed a beat in about 18 months. I changed the dampers to the same as a Revelation though and it made quite a difference (especially the dual-flow rebound). If the cost difference between the Sektor and Rev is less than £100 or so, I ‘d go for the Rev (and then preferably the RLT version). The Sektor’s a very good for for the price though.

matty456
    Free Member

Thanks warpcow, looking seriously now at at either the Sektor Gold RL Solo 150’s £285 at CRC and Revelations RLT Dual Postion Air Forks 2013 for just under £300 Merlin!

matty456
    Free Member

Which forks would suit a Bfe best then, 150mm, 140mm or Dual Position 150-120mm? RS Sektor Gold RL or RS Sektor DP Coil, or RS Rev RL. Also should I go a tapered steerer, does it make a difference to 1 1/8? Cheers.

superfli
    Free Member

Lol, so basically, after asking peoples advice on which fork, you were always intending on getting RockShox!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Bfe Build, 140mm fork recommendations please? Confused content!?!’ is closed to new replies.