Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Costs to carry bike on plane.
  • rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

Sorry if this has been done before, i don’t check here all that much.

Does anybody have a rough idea of what it costs to take a bike on a plane to Geneva these days?

I’m pricing up the summer trip, and not sure if its worth taking the van and driving, or flying..

pigeonthing
    Free Member

£35 each way on easy jet

nemesis
    Free Member

It was £50 each way to Belfast with EasyJet last time i did it about 5 years ago…

But I’ve seen anything from £20 – £100 each way.

AlexSimon

Ryanair = £50 each way!
    Easyjet = £35 each way

chief1409
    Free Member

£35 each way on easy jet

+1

Rubber_Buccaneer

Check the airlines website, they are all likely to be different and dependent on what class you are flying. Some will be charge for oversize baggage, some will charge for excess baggage. In short it varies so much you just have to check for flights you want.

My example, I’m going to be flying to Malaga and BA would charge me an extra £36 each way to have a second bag (my bike) in economy. Flying club class at unpopular times was about £218 and allows me two 32Kg bags and the time I spend hanging around will be in their comfy lounge drinking their free booze.

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

Cheers guys/gals, for now i’ll budget a rough £50 each way, and probably look closer into it as i book the flights. This is just an ideas excercise for now

curiousyellow
    Free Member

It’s included in your luggage allowance with BA. Up to 20kg if you’re flying normal, 30kg if you’re flying business.

I’ve flown to Spain with just the carry on and the bike bag for a week’s riding with no problems.

molgrips
    Free Member

With proper airlines it’s generally free (in place of one piece of luggage).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Costs to carry bike on plane.’ is closed to new replies.