Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Costco Kirkland Signature soft shell jacket. Seems good, but for the bike?
  • benz
    Free Member

Does anyone on here use this as a relatively cheap biking jacket?

Stretchy, membrane, water resistant and windproof for a good price.

Seems good for general outdoor stuff but wondering whether it might turn into a mobile sauna?

Thanks.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Worth trying. if you don’t like it just take it back – Costco invented great customer service, they’ll give you your money back.

MoreCashThanDash

And if they have the merino blend trail socks, your toes will be toasty all winter!

Really ought to renew and stock up again.

andyl
    Free Member

Picked one up a few weeks ago for dog walking. But the zip is on the wrong side and it’s quite short in the body. The latter probably makes it a very good bike jacket though and for £16 it’s a bit of a bargain as it is well made. Will try it on again with jeans (was trying it with shorts that were hanging off my arse) and see before I take it back.

Merino walking socks are good and cheap for wellies. Prefer On one merino for walking shoes though.

damitamit
    Free Member

does it have a hood?

benz
    Free Member

Ok, bought one today. Decent quality indeed.

Compared it to my mates TNF one…..cannot find any difference. In fact you night surmise they were made to same spec but one does not have the TNF logo…which is no bad thing. One was under £17 the other was ~£90…..

Think it will work just fine as a bike jacket too.

maccauk
    Free Member

I bought one last winter and did a night ride in horizontal sleet, got covered in mud etc.
    I was warm, toasty and dry.
    As mentioned they are a bit short in the bodyand the zip being on the wrong side is a royal pain in the arse.
    Overall a brilliant buy for under 20 quid.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Costco Kirkland Signature soft shell jacket. Seems good, but for the bike?’ is closed to new replies.