Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Costa (lot) Coffee
  • maccruiskeen

So you want a Massimo Americano with 2 extra expresso’s?

You’ll probably find its the till, not the person behind it that asks these questions. In big chains the till prompts all the questions and answers for each transaction.

There was a good example on the radio a while back – someone who works a late shift and their train home gets in after all the shops have shut, so she buys small cartons of milk from the burger king in the station. Everytime she buys a carton of milk the till prompts the guys serving to tell her to ‘Enjoy your meal’

Stoner
    Free Member

Kenco anyone?

ebygomm
    Free Member

Sometimes the large drinks already have 2 shots of espresso, hence the confusion over the extra shot bit

BadlyWiredDog

Does anyone make a professional level espresso machine I can power off my car cigarette lighter socket? I’m thinking I could roast fresh beans on my exhaust manifold, use a hand grinder, then brew at leisure at the services. Has to be quicker, cheaper and easier than buying ready made.

crazy-legs

BWD, you just need to drive round in one of these:

simonralli2
    Free Member

Personally I think the OP would be better off with a decaf and a bit of chill time 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

What’s this thread even about?

Customer and server in miscommunication.. hardly news is it? This happens to me often but I don’t post on stw about it 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

BWD, you just need to drive round in one of these:

I do actually have one, but to be honest, I thought there was a very slight roughness to the coffee it produced, which I wasn’t prepared to tolerate, so I’m looking for a solution which will produce professional-level coffee on the road. I’m thinking maybe a boot conversion for my chipped Skoda Oktavia VRS Turbot Diesel estate, maybe using the spare wheel well? Somebody here must have tried it?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

This happens to me often but I don’t post on stw about it

Yeah but to be fair I think the OP is probably still grumpy about the AA not treating his Home Start issue as a priority when they were being inundated with calls from people stranded on desolated snowbound roads.

BadlyWiredDog

Customer and server in miscommunication.. hardly news is it? This happens to me often but I don’t post on stw about it

Exactly! If only people would take a page out of your book and post only where relevant and with some level of restraint.

crazy-legs

chipped Skoda Oktavia VRS Turbot Diesel estate

Turbot Diesel?
    Is that like fish oil or something? Still, you seem to have some chips with it too so I guess it works for you.

nonk
    Free Member

Am guessing that TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR has never had to work day after day after day in a petrol station serving overpriced caffeine flavoured water to chippy blokes that can’t read a big sign, with descriptions and prices, and everything.

Give her a break, is all I’m saying.

i would like to think she got home and had a rant about this complete idiot that struggled with ordering what he wanted when everyone else seems to manage.

molgrips
    Free Member

Exactly! If only people would take a page out of your book and post only where relevant and with some level of restraint

S’what I am saying innit. I post about some seriously inane crap but even I don’t consider this worth remembering after I’ve left the shop!

What’s an expresso?

Ha, sorry – must try harder not to post when pissed. My bad.

Am guessing that TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR has never had to work day after day after day in a petrol station serving overpriced caffeine flavoured water to chippy blokes that can’t read a big sign, with descriptions and prices, and everything.

Give her a break, is all I’m saying.

No, I haven’t worked in a Service Station (probably ranks quite highly with other jobs I wouldn’t really want to do), and I’m quite capable of reading a sign thanks. Give her a break? Do you reckon, she’s reading and will be upset?

I think it’s a bit much calling her a stupid cow. She obviously wasn’t clear what you wanted and there was a break down in communication. I’m not surprised she was confused though, as I’m still not quite clear what you were after. Are you asking for 2 extra shots on top of your coffee or your coffee made with two shots? Sounds like you basically bought two drinks in one, which is why it’s expensive and you are probably still totally wired from it, which is why you are so worked up about it all and calling people just trying to do a days job stupid cows…
    Costa put 2 shots in most of their drinks anyway.

A breakdown in communication? FFS, maybe my first few words went down the bizzarre road of asking for something not on the menu, due to my obviously retarded translation of various descriptions of available coffee, but let’s just excuse my ignorance for a second and jump all the way to the second time I opened my gob and asked for an extra strong white coffee. Surely that’s not such a preposterous request is it?

molgrips – Member

Customer and server in miscommunication.. hardly news is it? This happens to me often but I don’t post on stw about it

It’s about coffee, and me being stupid apparently.

News? Ah, yes, sorry – forgot how jam packed full of news the Chat forum was.

i would like to think she got home and had a rant about this complete idiot that struggled with ordering what he wanted when everyone else seems to manage.

I would like to think she did too, and wouldn’t be surprised in the least, considering her openly patronising, awkward and overly-complicated serving manner. I bet she’s chews the ear off the poor sod that may have the unfortunate task of being her partner.

djglover
    Free Member

I think you should quote more people in your bitter comeback replies.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

LOL @ djglover ! 😀

djglover – Member
    I think you should quote more people in your bitter comeback replies.

There, now you’re not left out.

Frikkin stalker!

😡

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member

My bad.

I am going to kill you.

“My bad”. Your bad what?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

**** off Flash.

That is an awful statement isn’t it actually? Sorry – my bad misuse of the English language.

nonk
    Free Member

i think that might get you the boot chap.

quick edit it.

cinnamon_girl
    iDave
    Free Member

openly patronising, awkward and overly-complicated

indeed 🙄

BadlyWiredDog

S’what I am saying innit. I post about some seriously inane crap but even I don’t consider this worth remembering after I’ve left the shop!

You were there too?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

For future reference I have managed to work out how to get a large white coffee out of these places. What you want is a large americano with some space in the cup and some cold milk.

Sometimes asking for white coffee gets you one made with heated milk which is disgusting

Or just have an espresso – but make sure you call it espresso not expresso

Swear filter avoidance – surely not. Asterix are commonly used in this manner, in many forms of literature and text, to throw a thin veil over expletives.

Should that be subject to temporary ban, then my subsequent self imposed ban (much to the joy of many, no doubt) would certainly exceed the quite frankly pathetic show of patronising muscle flexing.

One more point – with regards to paying a quite frankly ridiculous £3.79 for said cup of coffee – I was more than aware that I would be paying over the odds and on that basis I resisted a bacon butty from ‘next door’ for over £4 – I simply couldn’t be bothered to work an extra seven and a half minutes that day to cover paying for it.

😐

I do believe you’re right TJ. With hindsight, that should have been my request (plus extra espresso’s).

As an aside – anyone based in Sheffield, try Cafe #9 in Nether Edge – it’s run by an old family friend and really does do fantastic espresso’s.

nonk
    Free Member

Swear filter avoidance – surely not.

have you not been on here much lately?

Yes, I’ve seen it nonk, but still stand by my point above/don’t really care that much.

nonk
    Free Member

fairy nuff.

Jamie
    Free Member

Exactly! If only people would take a page out of your book and post only where relevant and with some level of restraint.

*belated snigger*

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Costa (lot) Coffee’ is closed to new replies.