Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cost of replacing Hope Pro2 rear wheel bearings?
  • RustySpanner

As above, any idea how much a shop will charge for this?

Thanks in advance.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

1/2 hour labour plus parts would be about right IMO

fairly easy to DIY though. 🙂

RustySpanner

Peter, if I take a hammer to my wheel, it’ll never turn again 🙂

Only slight play at the mo, but off for a weeks hols in Swaledale soon, so I’d better get it sorted.

Ah well, it’s lasted three years so not too bad.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

3 years is a miracle for pro 2s! 😉

Milky
    Free Member

THREE YEARS!!! I get through them in four of five months to each set! If you’re getting play then change them asap, roughness is a sign they need changing imo. They really are suprisingly simple to pop in and out.

RustyMac

Rusty,

I looked into this not to long ago and found i could buy the hope tools and the bearings for the same price as i could get a shop to do it for. There are heaps of videos on the net, Hope have some really good ones on their website. Have a look and see if you think you would manage as if you get the tools you will be able to service the hubs whenever they need it.

Cheers

Rusty Mac

jonb
    Free Member

I’d guess about £50 but that would be a guess. Bearings are £25 online and theyd need to charge for time and make profit.

You can buy all the tools and bearings for that. Videos on line. With the correct tools it really is easy and you’ll be doing them again at some point.

br
    Free Member

+1 Hope tools

My LBS mechanic suggested this to me, and its easy – obviously bought the tools and the bearings from them.

DT78
    Free Member

Think it cost me $55

RustySpanner

Cheers for the advice folks.

Might just give it a go and report back.

Bearings have outlasted two drivetrains, a pair of pedals, two saddles and three Hit the Norths. I’m obviously not thrashing them enough 🙂

Partners bike has had two sets in 4 years, but she’s always had them done as part of a regular service and couldn’t remember how much they were.

Once again, thanks for the advice.

neninja
    Free Member

£19 for the tools.
    Just bought Japanese stainless bearings for front and rear Pro2 hubs (including the free hub) for £20 from a local bearing supplier.

Took about an hour to do both wheels after allowing for time to thoroughly clean everything before reassembly.

oxym0r0n

As above – tools + bearings = 🙂

Might be worth investing in a soft-nosed hammer too…

iainc

got mine done last week. £29 all in at Alpine Bikes with GMBC discount 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cost of replacing Hope Pro2 rear wheel bearings?’ is closed to new replies.