Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cost of fitting a towbar?
  • richcc
    Free Member

Thinking about changing my car and would like to keep the bike out of it as much as possible. Been coveting a friends towbar mounted rack and wondered how much it is to fit a towbar (prefer towbar mounted to messing about with racks hanging off the hatchback) – anyone know?

steveh

Depends on the car, from about £150 to £250 for most normal models. You can also buy kits for about £100 on ebay and fit it yourself if you’re confident.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I bought my bar for £80 in a sale. Fitted myself for about £3 (replacement bolts etc)

If your mechanically compentent its not a difficult. Like most things when working on cars the hardest part is getting access to everything.

Marmoset
    Free Member

By a car with a towbar on it – mines for sale 😆

Mine cost £400 – some new cars have electrical systems that require the manufacturers electrics kit, the bars may be cheap but the electrics may cost….

Moda
    Free Member

Mine was £350 fitted Witter i think was the make and comes with a removable bar

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

I paid £80 for my citroen xsara towbar and fitted it myself …. were`nt too sure with the wiring , so paid £30 to have a towbar company wire it up for me ..

iainc

I got one fitted to a new style Mini a few years ago – was just under £300 I think.

Kuco

Mine was £150 fitted.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Phone around some breakers yards, then fit it yourself. Save some money.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cost of fitting a towbar?’ is closed to new replies.