Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • correct tool?
  • chris_mbuk
    Free Member

ive got raceface respond cranks on my alpine, do i need this to take them off

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=4939

also ive seen

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=34314

which is easier? ta

D0NK

not sure either will do the job, is the x-type axle the same size as isis? or bigger? same size = ok (probably), bigger = won’t work (probably)

HTH 🙂

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

well its got the raceface x-type bb

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    D0NK

I know your respond uses xtype but the tools you mentioned say they are for square taper or isis, no mention of xtype.

I used the self extracting bolts from my xt octalink chainset, not much good to you tho.

edit sorry bbb says “splined” and parks says it will do sram power spline (?) still no mention of xtype tho.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

yea my cannondale just uses the big fat allen key and comes off in one, alpine is different so just bit unsure what i need

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

you should have self extracting bolts so no – you need a 10mm allen key and an 8mm allen key i reckon. then a mallet to tap he arm off the spindle…

D0NK

Mr crush rider, my RF evolve didn’t come with self extracters and the respond looks the same

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

well when i take off the top nut it looks like i need the little extractor tool that you screw in and use a spanner to unscrew it off

D0NK

what chainset on your cannondale? if it’s an RF you may be able to borrow the self extracter bolt from that to get you respond cranks off.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

erm, its raceface atlas

coatesy
    Free Member

ISIS extractor will do the job, don’t get a sqare taper/powerspline tool unless it comes with an ISIS/Octalink adaptor too.

Drac

You can use one of the above on isis and a small socket piece to act as an adapted that’s all I’ve ever used.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘correct tool?’ is closed to new replies.