Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Correct etiquette?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

My point exactly…

Your humour is too dry for me, sorry.

robj20
    Free Member

I find them funny, they dont own the road nor the space around them so i will cycle where i choose.

wrecker
    Free Member

I mean ease up and let them past rather than trying to sprint off the front – it’s only going to end one way.

Why should he ease up? His ride/training is as important as anyone elses.
    The group should pass safely and quickly if able to do so or else ease up and let him on his way.

kayak23

chakaping – Member
    My point exactly…
    Your humour is too dry for me, sorry.

The eye rolling wasn’t aimed at you by the way. 🙂

RickyRah
    Free Member

Why should he ease up?

Because he clearly wasn’t going to hold their pace and would inevitably be overtaken at some point anyway. The group can only pass safely if he maintains a steady pace. It’s far safer to let the group pass as quickly as possible. Sprinting to stay in front of a chaingang is pointless.

Ok they don’t have priority, but there’s little point in trying to hold them off and generally getting in the way.

TiRed

I find them funny, they dont own the road nor the space around them so i will cycle where i choose.

Thanks for that. And will you take down three of the bunch as a rider did to our club, writing off two bikes in the process?

robj20
    Free Member

Thanks for that. And will you take down three of the bunch as a rider did to our club, writing off two bikes in the process?

Whoa, where did i say i would crash into them? If i’m cycling along i’m not changing my route or speed simply because you don’t like my proximity to your procession.
    I only get this with road riders anyway, two mountain bikers meet and they get along and have a chat, road riders seem to take things far too seriously.

tonyg2003

The cycling etiquette is to be polite (would you just join a group of ramblers or runners?). Ask if you can join the paceline. Most cycling groups might be nervous of someone joining in since they might not be used to bunch riding and hence they might do something unpredictable. If you are catching them up and don’t want to join in, just ride past or slow up.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Correct etiquette?’ is closed to new replies.