Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • cornwall rides. what you got?
  • konadad
    Free Member

Off to cornwall next week. any good rides near lizard?

Rosss
    Free Member

If Dh is your thing check out poldice valley near blackwater not too far from Truto. Also gawton and tavistock in devon is well worth a trip if your into downhill. Idless woods have enough runs and loops to fill a day and is also near Truro. Costal rides are always a good bet too so i’d just head to the coast and make a route. A lot of babble in there but I hope it helps

stevede
    Free Member

I live in Helston and locally there are bits of riding to be had, cheeky coastal paths from the Lizard to Helston (Loe bar), properly rideable from about Mullion Cove down towards Helston. From Mullion to the Lizard the coast is epic with some good bits but a lot of bike on the shoulder too. Loe bar aint bad for a blast either and there are bits to be had around the Gweek area too but it’s all a touch bitty tbh.
    Further afield Carn Brae (nr Redruth) is pretty good for technical rocky riding and Poldice valley offers quite a variety of trails for more dh/jumpy orientated riding.
    Check out Cornwall freeriders on facebook (name a bit misleading as we do cover all spectrums of riding). There are a few maps on there i think for local trails.

konadad
    Free Member

thanks for the info lads. stopping at kennack sands so most of those rides quite within reach. any bother from taking bikes on coast path?

stevede
    Free Member

No bother on the coast in the 10 years i’ve ridden down here, i tend to stay outside of the holidays and middle of the day and be polite and courteous to other path users (not all reciprocate but i’ve never had any aggro).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘cornwall rides. what you got?’ is closed to new replies.