Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • CORE and the Bike Place
  • Sancho
    Free Member

just got back had a great day, some nice stuff coming out of the guys there,
    loved chatting to the guys at Orange, really good chat, also saw the designs for the velodrome at Hope just brilliant
    then great news that BOS are being imported by Jungle and the KS stealth lev has an upgrade yay.

some nice kit, the ti Thomson frame will be really nice, and i have to say the carbon salsa fat bike was one of the lightest bikes, incredible
    Rohloff, just pure joy discussing the manufacture and design,
    and the Rocky Mountain guys were just a pleasure to talk to and hope to dig with you guys soon.
    some great kit on display, the DVO forks lush
    and the x-fusion gold upside down forks soooo pimp

just having a single malt to end the day

anyone else with some show highlights

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Good to hear, as I am going tomorrow. looking forward to it. 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

KS Lev Integra ‘upgrade’ is a piece of plastic tubing (been using a section of Nokon since day 1) 😕
    Jungle will struggle with Bos just like TF,R53 and Surf Sales.
    Will talk shite with friends, take the piss out of the rest and get a day off work.

Sancho
    Free Member

the upgrade is not a piece of plastic its a totally new design mechanism, we will be sending all the ones that come with new bikes off for the upgrade before they go on sale.

i would disagree with BOS, as Jungle are a far better organised company

Rorschach
    Free Member

But BOS aren’t.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yep Jungle aren’t the problem, BOS is.

mboy
    Free Member

the ti Thomson frame will be really nice

Went today to Core Bike (though got up a bit late), and didn’t have time to get to the Bike Place too (so going tomorrow). Highlight for me was probably the new NS Eccentric frame…

Just beautiful think you’ll agree!

New Marin FS bikes look nicer in the flesh than they do on paper/screen.

Oh, and Hope are starting to offer their own rims on their wheelsets. These rims look to combine the best bits of both Stans (easy tubeless compatibility, width) with Mavic (Strength, durability and eyelets) for a weight only slightly more than the Stans so I’m told… For the same price too! Can’t wait.

the ti Thomson frame will be really nice

The guys at i-ride seemed to be going crazy over this for some reason! Looks nothing new to me. Straight tubes (quite probably plain gauge too), std BB shell, tight clearances for anything bigger than a 2.1″ tyre and didn’t look any different to a number of other half decent Ti frames. My Kinesis Sync for instance, has a whole host more features that make it instantly more appealing in my eye.

and i have to say the carbon salsa fat bike was one of the lightest bikes, incredible

Picked the Beargrease up and I was shocked! 😯 Genuinely… Wasn’t expecting it to be anything like as light as it was. Looks a whole lot of fun, but for a whole lot of cash to be fair.

and the Rocky Mountain guys were just a pleasure to talk to and hope to dig with you guys soon.

Making sure I chat to them tomorrow…

Sancho
    Free Member

ooh yes forgot about the NS that frame is lush, but then so were the Stantons
    yeah loving the HOPE rims and thick/thin chainrings
    and bottom bracket guide one of the most useful things at the show

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Good day today, lots to see, some nice kit I also thought the Marlin look nice in the flesh.
    Hope free-bes are ace
    Stans are doing a carbon 29″ rim.
    Lots of other stuff, I took load of pics I try and get up FTR face book tomorrow.

mboy
    Free Member

but then so were the Stantons

Got to check out the Stanton’s today… VERY impressed! Especially the new Sherpa 29er that’s due for sale soon… In fact, was so impressed, have been in discussion with them about becoming a re-seller!

jedi

i liked the ns bikes, the new glowworm light, thompson dropper post, the lovely guy i chatted with at banshee bikes and also rocky mountain. great to see some familiar faces and old friends too

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Random and so so quality pics from the shows are up 😉

mtbant
    Free Member

cracking pics Rob thanks for that.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Thanks MTB Ant, bit of a snap shot really, for up close detail shots, keep an eye on here as I did see Chips and co taking pics/info/notes and working very hard! 😯 😯

z1ppy

I found out that Banshee’s Phantom is due in June.. over 6 months earlier than 1st mentioned .. Yay!

and why no piccy’s of the Stanton Slackline, frame of the show(s) for me, what a nice guy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘CORE and the Bike Place’ is closed to new replies.