Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cordless strimmers, any reccomendations?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

IE, get this one, get that one, or just don’t bother?
    (I’m not cutting a jungle btw)
    ta muchly.

waveydavey
    Free Member

Cordless enough:

z1ppy

Cordless, so I imagine your talking battery rather than petrol?
    Though again it would be a Stilh petrol strimmer for me, if you did mean petrol.

I’m seriously wondering if a battery hedge cutter would be more use than an battery strimmer though?

EDIT: Though if this is likely to be a “one off” attack, then go hire a proper (stilh) petrol strimmer

thesurfbus
    Free Member

I have a Bosch strimmer that has little plastic blades, it has just enough charge to do the edges of the grass on a couple of smallish lawns, it couldnt cop with anything thicker than grass, and it has Nicad batteries which don’t hold their charge.
    It is pretty handy though.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Soz, should’ve said rechargeable! Petrol would be overkill by miles. Don’t see how a hedgecutter would be beneficial though, seeing as I haven’t got a hedge, just some lawn front & rear.

z1ppy

Sorry read “I’m cutting a jungle” missed the not out…

We cleared a garden with 4ft tall brambles using a hedge cutter, much better than a strimmer in some circumstances. That and I’ve just spent an hour on a bridleway chopping it back with a hand scythe (for my g/f stable), so have battery hedge cutters on the mind.

cookeaa

Bosch “ART 26 Li”

Sodajim

Ive got the bosch Li with the little plastic blades. I works ok but the tips of the blades break off if your trying to trim up to a fence or a deck.
    I can get through 2 blades this way doing our garden.
    Think one with a nylon line might be better

Tiger6791

Ive got the bosch Li with the little plastic blades. I works ok but the tips of the blades break off if your trying to trim up to a fence or a deck.
    I can get through 2 blades this way doing our garden.
    Think one with a nylon line might be better

I ‘modded’ mine to use some gear cable.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Tried a couple, never found one with enough grunt. Get a mains one, you’ll save yourself a load of frustration.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cordless strimmers, any reccomendations?’ is closed to new replies.