Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Copper watch anyone?
  • tymbian
    Free Member

From those clever people at Suunto

link thingy

mrmoofo

My eyes!!

skiboy
    Free Member

If they haven’t lacquered that it will be green within a day or two. Well most likely a black sort of green.

You wouldn’t want to knock it either, it won’t hold its shape for long !

I’m out.

manton69

It looks to be coated stainless. The body is stated to be stainless (as is the gold one) so I guess they are just trying to stand out a bit.

ji
    Free Member

They are referring to the colour not the material. At least I hope so, else the slate version isn’t going to last long…

hammyuk
    Free Member

It’s lush – I WANT ONE but its that or new leathers…..

tymbian
    Free Member

I saw this whilst looking at their Elementum Terra…ive a 50th this year.

CountZero

It looks pretty, but it’s just a coating, and it’s going to wear off pretty quickly with use, that’s a given.
    The state of my TAG Heuer Series 1000 attests to that, it has a black-coated case and bracelet which looks pretty shabby twenty-odd years on.
    I’ll stick with raw stainless or titanium as a case/bracelet material, thank you.
    You can’t really see the case clearly, but you can see the wear on the bracelet in this photo:

The black coating is pretty thick, but it’s chipped and worn, so that copper coating will wear through even quicker I reckon.

unovolo
    Free Member

Copper plating or PVD actual case is stainless steel, looks ok but if your going to do it properly you want solid Bronze like below.

willard

I quite like the look of it. The colour is subtle yet different and I prefer that to the gold of the iWatch. However, it’s not a patch on my Stainless Tag, so I’ll pass thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Copper watch anyone?’ is closed to new replies.