Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • coolest darkside bike ever?
  • bigyim
    Free Member
    donsimon
    Free Member

I got the number of a good metal worker to help straighten the frame and a solictor to sue the tw*t who ran over it. I hope that you’re not injured though. 😕

crikey
    Free Member

Fixed cranks? Be better with the ability to lower the outside pedal, and Fabian Cancellara would still leave it for dead.

50 mph? I can do that on a standard road bike.

..and no deep section rims? Amateurs, frankly.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Caption Competition surely?

aP
    Free Member

Oh, he certainly went to a “whole nother level”.
    One that I wish I hadn’t been party to.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I bet his other bike is a fixie.

Wookster

Daft, very cool but daft!!

speaker2animals

I think that’s ace, but personally I’d have thought that a more stretched out position would have been more beneficial?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Needs tighter Jeans.

coogan
    Free Member

No bike is cool. And certainly not that stupid looking thing.

swavis

Maybe it would be loved more if spoons and carbon fibre were used 😉

nonk
    Free Member

not very darkside if you get a look its more mountain bike than owt else.

beardie
    Free Member

mine 8)

schmiken

Looks freaking dangerous. And gash.

RustySpanner

Rubbish.

THIS:

is the coolest looking road bike ever. Apart from the cables on this one.
    And the saddle, which should be a Brooks Pro.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Would you like me to make an appointment for you Mr Spanner?

RustySpanner

I assume you mean a psychiatrist? 😀

Used to get Raleigh brochures every year as a kid from a local bike shop.
    Didn’t know anyne else made bikes ’till I was about 8 or so 🙂

Always wanted one of these:

but had to settle for one of these:

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

Chipper

cynic-al
    Free Member

OLD…

…and shoite.

colournoise

Merchant-Banker – Member
    Chipper

Looks more like a Tomahawk bastardised with a Chopper seat.

slainte 8) rob

RustySpanner

cynic-al – Member

OLD…

…and shoite.

Don’t care so ner…. 🙂

Eight year old me thought it was the coolest thing ever and 42 year old me can’t quite shake of the feeling I may have been right:

And that purple thing ( not mine, sadly) is a standard Tomahawk. Seat is original, like this one:

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

RS, can we more pics of the Team Raleigh please? Just the best thing ever!

aracer
    Free Member

Needs tighter his sister’s Jeans

FTFY

Anybody using the word (and anything described as) darkside isn’t cool, by definition.

RealMan
    Free Member

That’s not a road bike. It has flat bars and disc brakes. Sort of look like 26″ wheels too. With slick tyres, it’s a hybrid. One that isn’t very fast either, with no drive.

A parlee with thought controlled gears you say?

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/shifting-by-hand-is-definitely-for-losers

Tiger striped de rosa?

Niche modern steel flyer?

Take your pick really. Although for me I think it would have to be the de rosa. If it was slammed I just wouldn’t be able to control myself at all.

RustySpanner

I just googled Raleigh Team pro Daisy.

There seem to be a few left 🙂

I’d love to get a modern, high quality steel frame and respray it like one of the old Raleigh road bikes from my yoot, complete with shorty guards and shiny bar tape

Old & rubbish, but nice all the same.

wingnuts

Now rusty you do need to sort a few things out!

Picture one – Its got Shimano kit on! Certainly the chainset and rear gear are suspect. The cables (apart from being to long) should run along the left hand side of the top tube.

Picture five (in the kitchen – sort those work surfaces) Gear lever right back but in smallest sprocket. No toe clips. Only two top tube clips. Three are required!

Report back when sorted please.

D0NK

So it’s a little bit like a road bike but not as fast, as light or as comfortable as a road bike and you have to push it back to the top. Call me a hater if you want but I’m having difficulty spotting the cool-ness.

The thought shifting bike is kinda cool in a firefox childhood reminiscing way way but all the mince that goes through my head while I’m pedalling along I reckon I’d be lucky to ever be in the right gear.

RustySpanner

Not my bikes 🙁

I almost prefer the cheap, chrome & gas pipe ones:

I think it’s time for my medication……

Woody
    Free Member

Caption comp?

Taking tooling to a new level

aracer
    Free Member

You lot are missing the point – you’re posting road bikes, not “darkside” bikes. The official definition of a darkside bike being something that’s not as good as a road bike for riding on road (and also considerably worse off-road than a road bike), but suited to MTBers who think it looks cool and/or don’t have the flexibility to ride a proper road bike.

bigyim
    Free Member

For everyone moaning about it being impractical, lambos are impractical. Can’t get the shopping in the boot or any furniture from ikea. Drinks fuel like it’s going out of fashion. But it’s still cool

I always wanted one of these when I was a kid.

Now, this is cool.

http://www.3wiw.com/hetchins/

derek_starship
    Free Member

not darkside but definitely cool:

epicyclo

“His gravity bike features elegant curves constructed from 4130 steel that belie a great structural integrity…”

Bollocks, a great structural integrity would be using straight tubes, and hence be lighter.

crazy-legs

There is only ONE cool bike on this thread and it’s the English that RealMan posted.
    8/10 for the DeRosa too, a good second effort.

DezB
    Free Member

That’s not a road bike

How can it not be a road bike? It’s designed to go on the road. You couldn’t ride it off road. So it’s a road bike.

rkk01
    Free Member

First impression was euuugh, pass the eye bleach.

But on closer examination there is a lot to like 😆

I do like the single sided hubs and the overall cafe racer type crouch.

However, would prefer to see wider bars, and a much longer wheelbase – I’d reckon an at least another foot on the top tube length

njee20
    Free Member

This is cool:

Particularly as it’s vastly impractical, a commuter/urban bike that’s totally black. Still looks awesome though. And 15lbs.

paul4stones

That picture could be my bike when I was 14!

Saved up for weeks to buy it for £52. Even had the same rack at the same crazy angle. Was fantastic until I stripped the BB.

RealMan
    Free Member

That’s not a road bike

How can it not be a road bike? It’s designed to go on the road. You couldn’t ride it off road. So it’s a road bike.

Actually, as it’s got no drive, I’m wondering if it’s even a bike. Surely it’s a scooter?

Also the distinct lack of 700c wheels (I think), drop bars, plus having disc brakes rule it out as well.

There is only ONE cool bike on this thread and it’s the English that RealMan posted.
    8/10 for the DeRosa too, a good second effort.

Nice to know I’m not the only one who knows something about cool.. 😉

Also treks can not really be cool, unless they’re very special. So the first one is a no no, and the second one could be, I don’t know if it’s mass produced or not. However, it’s not slammed, so it’s not cool. If it’s from a big American brand, it better be really special.

Custom Specialized Globe Coffee Bike with Stealth Di2 Shifting

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘coolest darkside bike ever?’ is closed to new replies.