Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Cool stuff on last night's ride
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Firstly saw a huge of at least 100 I think fallow deer, pretty close up. Then, riding alongside a fence half a dozen racehorses joined me for a gallop, which was awesome. Also several hares, a barn owl and a buzzard closeup.

pipiom
    Free Member

Sounds like the “Whipsnade” loop

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Woburn deer park?

molgrips
    Free Member

Lambourn Downs, Wiltshire.

Watty

A pair of muntjack, a mahoosive hare, a weasely looking thing, some gambolling calves and a buzzard for me – Suffolk.

xyeti
    Free Member

Another Hare here, a Mink with a Bunny in its mouth a Kingfisher and about 4 Badgers dead on the side of the road, which always gets me thinking how they actually got there??????

molgrips
    Free Member

Kingfisher on the Taff a couple of weekends ago, flew along with me and SaxonRider as we rode. Suburban Cardiff…

spacey

We saw a tawny owl last night in Macc Forest, jealous of your barn owl.

mangoridebike

I used to live close to the Lambourn downs and rode there regularly

I came across that herd of deer on a night ride once, hundreds of glowing moving dots freaked me out for a bit until I worked out that it was the reflection of the deers eyes

The race horses are cool too when they’re going flat out, so different to see in a natural landscape rather than at the races, it’s amazing to see something so perfectly designed to the job in hand in full flight!

andytherocketeer

Just a couple of bambis and a red kite a few metres away.
    Ride before that was lots of red kites and some storks. And the one before that did go to a zoo, but it was nearly snowing, so half the animals were hiding.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

4 Badgers dead on the side of the road, which always gets me thinking how they actually got there??????

I always hold my breath as I pass, if I see them, nothing smells as bad as a dead badger in the summer. 😯

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Wasn’t last night, but I spooked a barn owl from a tree once while night riding, it swooped down, dazzled by my light and flew just in front of me for a good 10 seconds or so, about 3 feet in front of the bike. Amazing.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Did someone mention Badgers?

molgrips
    Free Member

Ride before that was lots of red kites and some storks

Where’d you see storks?

joshvegas
    Free Member

I rode through 30/40 bats the otherday ig was ace they were flying inches away from me.

andytherocketeer

Where’d you see storks

Either Austria or Liechtenstein. Forget which side of the border. Have seen them up near Leipzig too. or were they cranes? they all look the same to me.

xyeti
    Free Member

I agree there’s nothing worse than a bloated badger that’s about ready to pop…….. Urghhhh….

I nearly took a picture and uploaded it to that there biking app but then remembered that I took a picture of a squashed rabbit in the road on Easter Sunday and named my ride inappropriately? So i carried on making a mental note to give the road a miss on the next outing…..

v8ninety

Badgers dead on the side of the road, which always gets me thinking how they actually got there??????

I think you know exactly how they got there, sadly. And the object that ended them hit them a darned sight faster than a car ever would, I’d wager.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Cool stuff on last night's ride’ is closed to new replies.