Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cool or fool ?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

Reverb guard for the looming onslaught of winter:

[/url]IMAG2785 by martinddd, on Flickr[/img]

Cut down: an old seat pack saddle rail clamp, inner tube & velcro strap.

Kickstarter or kick into touch ❓

😉

wwaswas

what does it look like with the post half and fully down?

I went down the mud hugger route to protect my dropper.

Kahurangi

Not new, probably not a bad idea 🙂 I’m sure someone else has already made a product to sell.

I made a boot from an old neoprene chainstay protector – also worked pretty well. In fact, now I’m back in the UK slop it’s probably worth reviving it!

sazter

Inner tube and 3 zip ties here, leave it on all year round (Scotland) been running this for 4 years or so.

psycorp
    Free Member

^^^^^^^^^^

I’ve used the same approach in the past.

kimbers

The worlds first purpose made dropper seat post mud guard, designed and made in Yorkshire
    by Bentley Components… The DIRT FLAP

http://www.dirtflap.co.uk//

daver27
    Free Member

i do that most winters. keeps the worst of (lumps of mud mainly) grit and wet mud still gets in there and makes them feel graunchy.

qwerty
    Free Member

I dare you to Google “pimp my dirt flap 😯

Northwind

If I didn’t think the seals were up to the job I wouldn’t fit the seatpost in the first place tbh… My KSs have done 3 and 4 scottish winters (and summers 😉 ) respectively, no sealing bother, the Reverb’s just done one but it was clean as a whistle when I serviced it…

cakefacesmallblock

Been using old inner tube and zip tie thing for a couple of winters now. Really works well. Costs next to nowt either.

sharkattack

I’ve never even thought about doing this. Mine gets plastered in crap every single ride and it’s never misbehaved. Yet.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cool or fool ?’ is closed to new replies.