Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cooking Two Chickens…
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Got a bit of a family do on Sunday and need to cook two chickens. Given my failure to comprehend the recent maths questions on here I thought in order to avoid unecessary fatalities I’d better check something.

Both chickens would need about 1′ 40″ if cooked in isolation. I intend to cook both at the same time. Does this mean that I need twice as much time as I would for one?

wooobob

Not if you have them on the same shelf.

cookeaa

nah divide cooking time by number of chickens so you only need to do the 2 for 50mins*

*Please note I’m lying and this will poison your family…

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Assuming this isnt a wind up – and both chickens are inside the oven – and the oven is preheated – and gas or electric – it will take very nearly exactly the same time to cook both (I’d give it 5 mins extra). If on different shelves, try swapping them over.

However, I’m sure this is a trick question and you’re talking about Russian ovens, Agas or something daft – then I dont know.

alfabus
    Free Member

it’s microwaves that need more time if there is more stuff in them… ovens don’t care how many birds you stuff in there.

Dave

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Id do one well done and one medium rare to cater for all tastes

Coyote
    Free Member

This isn’t a wind up although I can see why you’d think it was.

Electric oven, fan assisted. Hopefully both birds will be on the same shelf otherwise I will alternate each between top and bottom. Oven will be preheated.

This is *NOT* a trick question.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

If your having your family over why not spit roast your birds!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

This is *NOT* a trick question.

OK – the science answer is – drum roll – the oven has a thermostat.

Once it’s preheated it will maintain the temp you set on the dial. Unless you put 22 frozen chickens in at once.

#Edit – roast chicken dinner with all the veggies is my signature dish – so feel free to ask Q’s

rob2
    Free Member

I’m with doctor. Try a spit roast this weekend 🙂

Drac

/applauds DrNick

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Do the Jamie Oliver recipe for your chicken. Seriously good.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cooking Two Chickens…’ is closed to new replies.