• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jeffl.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cooking pan set for the home
  • icicleboy
    Free Member

Hi all
    I’ve got a budget of about £100 and am looking for a pan set of decent quality. I like iron but the missus likes ali so I think well go for ali due to the weight.

Can anyone recommend a set? I need a couple of frying pans and a couple of saucepans with lids. THanks for the help

IHN

Ikea 365 (or whatever their everyday cooking stuff is branded now)

My mum’s still using the two saucepans I got in a starter set 17 years later, and I still have the frying pan (which, to be fair, is not as non-stick as it was, but it’s 17 years old…)

chakaping
    Free Member

Kitchen Aid are my favourites from our lot, no issues whatsoever over 10 years of use and they have nice ergonomics.

IHN

Here you go, spend the £60 on coke and hookers (or an extra frying pan)

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/cookware/pots-pans/oumbärlig-7-piece-cookware-set-art-30286416/

nemesis
    Free Member

Circulon or Anolon (they’re essentially the same brand) if you can find them cheap on amazon, etc. We’ve had them for 10+ years and they’re bombproof.

DezB
    Free Member

http://www.greenpan.co.uk/ would be my choice after buying a Wok a couple of years ago. It’s the ceramic non-stick revolution y’know. 🙂

LeeW

See what’s on offer at TK Maxx. It’s where all mine have come from, no real issues 15 year later.

FuzzyWuzzy

+1 for TK Maxx, sometimes hard to find sets but they usually have some of the good brands at not ridiculous prices (unlike the actually food items there which all seem to cost 10x what they should…)

thecaptain
    Free Member

If you find a food fair or similar you might get a set of berghoff pans for that. I’m wary of buying stuff like that off stalls (too much patter and salesmanship) but they get great reviews on the like of amazon and were being sold much much cheaper on the stalls. Seen them twice this summer. Hefty aluminium so feel robust but not too heavy. Removable handles so they can go in the oven too.

jambalaya
    Free Member

We have stainless pans we are still using after 30 years. If you want longevity buy stainless. If you want non stick get a simple frying pan as well. £100 is a decent enough budget can even shop at John Lewis for that 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Yep, stainless is where it’s at. Got a set as a wedding present, 15 years ago, still in great nick. They’ve had a hell of a use in that time.

bearnecessities

Judge (from TKMaxx) fits the bill, with a few quid left over for some crisps/pies etc.

jeffl

Got some Sainsbury’s ones here. Finest range or whatever it’s called. They’re stainless with a nice fat copper bottom so no hotspots. Also have glass lids which I wasn’t fussed about but find them really useful for looking at food without having to take the lid off and lose heat.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cooking pan set for the home’ is closed to new replies.