Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cookie Notifications on websites…have i missed something?
  • santacruzsi
    Free Member

Every website I seem to go on at the moment has a pop up banner about cookies, whether on this computer or my work one! Any ideas why? Has there been a cookie fest lately?!

bencooper
    Free Member

New EU regulation saying you can’t use cookies without permission.

nbt

people just a little late complying with the new EU law about getting users to opt-in to cookies

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Change in the law about how they are used. Need to confirm users permission even if the browser is set to accept all cookies.

butcher

New law. You have to notify visitors of any cookies holding non-essential information.

fubar
    Free Member

was going to be law then pulled / delayed in the final 24 hours is my understanding….

a link

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Stupid EU ruling by people who don’t understand business or the web > Even stupider ICO interpretation by people who again don’t understand business or the web = hassle and cost for a lot of firms who are trying to do business on the web.

My company’s approach was to completely ignore the ICO huffing and puffing in the hope they would eventually go away, and that’s what happened. Cost to us? £0.

IanMunro
    Free Member

What randomjeremy said. It’s a law for people who like obeying laws.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cookie Notifications on websites…have i missed something?’ is closed to new replies.