Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cookers
  • daveh
    Free Member

The singletrack massive seem knowledgable on most subjects so, which make of cooker is best? We’re looking at range type, all electric cookers, the main manufacturers seem to be belling, stoves and rangemaster. Are the latter two really worth double a belling? Is leisure any good? Over to you.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

My Ma has an Aga and swears by it. She’s had it 60 years now and it runs on gas

tiggs121
    Free Member

I have a Leisure Rangemaster. Gas and electric fan ovens, grill , 4 gas rings, cooking hotplate (great for steaks) and plate warming hotplate. Extractor Hood is excellent.

Top bit of kit and very reliable. Had mine for around 16 years – still looks as good as new.

Not cheap but for me well worth the money.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Electric – a quick scan of Which’s review say’s Siemens, Bosch, AEG.

What exactly are you looking for? Built in, free etc?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Had a massive belling range when we moved in. looks fantastic, but the oven is crap, very uneven cooking, too shallow in depth so large pizza’s get burnt over the flame. The grill element has burnt out 3 times and the top job is full of folds, nooks and crannies making it a bitch to clean. The doors have to come to clean the glass too.

Not very well designed and a pain in the ass, avoid!

Junkyard
    Free Member

gas hob electric fan oven

cbike
    Free Member

Stoves Mini range Rocks! Gas and electric. Oven is FAST I’m sure their big posh stuff for folk that kid themselves on they are running a hotel is just as good. 😉

daveh
    Free Member

Thanks for the thoughts guys. It has to be all electric as we don’t have gas. We were thinking a traditional range style cooker as we’ll be keeping the majority of the kitchen and it’s ‘country’ style.

elaineanne
    Free Member

we got a new cooker at xmas…gas..Cannon cookers are good !
    my old cooker lasted about 16-17 years ! lol still works really..just upgraded… tho new cookers are alot smaller in the actual oven size area ive noticed… was told this (smaller oven space area due to people not ‘cooking’ as much these days as people tend to buy ‘Take-aways’ most often these days.. 😉 :mrgreen:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cookers’ is closed to new replies.