Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Converting an old fox 36 talas to coil:Anybody here done this?
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

I’m looking at converting some 2007 Fox 36 talas to coil for a friend of mine, I have a suitable spring, but wondered what else is involved? And what would it cost? Thanks in advance.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

TF said yes when I was having talas issues think you can get the whole content of the leg as spares – try mojo or tf or loco

T1000
    Free Member

for a new topcap and plunger shaft assembly (had spring already) was about £50 from Mojo, give them a call they were v helpful

pomona
    Free Member

Did mine a few years ago, relatively simple job. As others have said call Mojo or TF.

Just remember once you’ve made the change you can’t go back, something to do with the spring marking the inside of the leg so it won’t get a good enough seal for TALAS or Float.
    Having said that there is no way I’d go back, found the coil to be so much better. I do miss the travel adjust on occasions but thats a small price to pay having a much better fork.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Sounds promising, my mate is skint so it will all be down to cost in the end.

Bagstard
    Free Member

pomona, they are on a patriot 66fr, so it’s all about the DH performance. They are the old 150mm travel version, so hoping coil will have the added benefit of another 10m travel.

xiphon
    Free Member

Are they the brown 36s or silver?

IIRC brown were 150mm (which I have), and silver 160mm

khani
    Free Member

Mate of mine converted the old brown 150mm talas to floats and got 160mm travel, cost about £60 for the bits and apparently made a huge difference, also if you convert to vans you can’t use spacers to change the travel but you can if you convert to floats, so more versatile for different frames, and a bit lighter as well…

Bagstard
    Free Member

Pretty sure they were the brown ones, but they are white now. I will give loco a ring and see what they say.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Converting an old fox 36 talas to coil:Anybody here done this?’ is closed to new replies.