Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Contour – gone bust?…
  • cookeaa

Happened on this when searching for camera related stuff, Contour have gone bust apparently

You probably all knew already about this , having your fingers on the pulse as you do, but it was news to me and has made me wonder if the likes of Drift will be able to keep up with with GoPro being an increasingly dominant force in the world of Rad^Gnarr cameras…

Thoughts?

kimbers
    butterbean
    Free Member

It’s a massive market, and the success story of the guy who set up Go Pro is quite impressive in just over 10 years.

There should be more to it than GoPro, but they are so deeply involved, it’s hard for others to even take a small share.

core

As soon as someone else makes a camera as compact and versatile as GoPro they’ll be on to a winner (if it is any cheaper), but all of the rivals just don’t seem to be able to do that.

Northwind

Bottom line is Contour always struggled to make a product as good as Gopro… And I think a lot of people with longer memories steered clear of them after the fiasco of the vholdr 1, nobody likes being a paying beta tester never mind having the mick taken out of you while it happens.

AlexSimon

It looks like a lot of people got burned with the GoPro3 though, so it’ll be interesting to see if anyone can get a foothold. Maybe only JVC can.

The only thing that annoys me about GoPro is that their own videos look streets ahead of anything made by end users – as if they’re using super-sophisticated post-processing (or at least that’s all I hope it is).
    I know they always film in great light, which accounts for a lot of it, but still.

mangatank
    Free Member

Sad about Contour, but GoPro certainly isn’t the only show in town. I was horrified by the reports of the battery life for the Hero 3 Black, so I sensibly posted on the forum and someone pointed me in the direction of an Italian company called Nilox. Their F60 isn’t exactly pretty, and certainly isn’t dainty, but ticks pretty much every action cam box. In fact it looks like they ticked the boxes and then went on to cram them with incredibly useful stuff. The camera is compatible with GoPro mounts too.

Lots of good reviews for their previous model, the ‘Foolish’.

Nilox F60

Nilox F60 Kart Race

Nilox F60 Nurburgring

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Contour – gone bust?…’ is closed to new replies.