Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Continental Vertical
  • landy813
    Free Member

Has anyone tried them are they any good? Will be using them on shale, hardcore and hardpack with the odd patch of shallow sand.

I got a free pair off CRC they sent them by mistake, and told me i could keep them 🙂

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I like the 2.3s, especially on the front.

pcb
    Free Member

I like them, grippy but when they loose grip it is like an on off switch. The 2.3 is more like a 2.1.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Good general purpose tyre. Have used the 2.3's for a while now. Not the widest 2.3 around but quite large diameter. Not to draggy, changed from nevegals to these and noticed a big increase in efficiency with no drop in grip. As with any tyre be careful with shale!

landy813
    Free Member

Cheers for the feedback think i will put on my winter commuting wheels, cant afford to have a tyre just go from underneath me, ride a lot of cliff tops and embankments.
    Thanks

bassspine
    Free Member

really liked them, but I have reservations about the sidewalls, which seem thin

el_boufador

I like them – though as opposed to pcb I find they give way quite gently/predictably.
    Light and roll very well.
    TBH I wish they did a 'proper' 2.3 / 2.4 version (as above 2.3" is like a 2.1" really)

Ti29er
    Free Member

I have 2x pairs of 2.3 UST (thicker side walls) you can have a pair if you like as they're due to go on eBay shortly.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

pcb – Member

I like them, grippy but when they loose grip it is like an on off switch. The 2.3 is more like a 2.1.

I agree. Nice fast rolling hard wearing and good until you hit that point. The do slide away quickly – it can be caught and it will come back but push the front hard and it goes away from you.

I like em for their good characteristics below the limit – but I change them if its gonna be a tricky for me day or muddy

soulrider
    Free Member

compared to other tyres out there they are bobbins

but they are free, just dont try corner hard and fast cos you will die!

emac65
    Free Member

Same as above,they feel fine & then all of a sudden it's wahhhaaayyy !
    But I'd use them if they were free too

singletrackmind

I like them, I have the Protection version and have found them to be a good '1 tyre' does everything well enough. They shed mud relatively well, corner Ok, not sure what tyres soulrider is referring to, maybe 62a 3ply maxxis High roller,, buts thats not free.
    I would not try Ghetto tubless with verts, I blew mine off the rim and ended up in a hedge . You may have to have a play with the pressurres as they work at a fairly wide range for different people.

TI29er. I will take a pair of you if they are in good nick. Mail in profile, will pm you too.

Reluctant
    Free Member

I loathed them! With a passion! As a rear, ok, but as a front… I found they lost grip suddenly on off camber stuff and impossible to get back up once they'd gone. It's the only tyre which ever ruined a ride for me and the only tyre which made me throw the bike in the bushes in fustration. Just couldn't ride 'em.
    You might love 'em though!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Continental Vertical’ is closed to new replies.