Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Continental Rubber Queen sizing?
  • Olderthandirt
    Free Member

Anyone got a 2.2 Rubber Queen UST on a mavic 719 that could measure the actual width for me? Have heard that they come up on the large size and dont want frame rub issues.
    Thanks in advance, Gaz

james-o
    Free Member

53mm at the widest point on a similar rim. they're big for a 2.2" tyre – great tyres tho.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I was wondering the same thing about the 2.4 UST on a Flow. Might try them in the Alps this year.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Huge volume. It's not just the width it's the height.

Olderthandirt
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Think I might give them a go.
    Gaz

tron
    Free Member

This isn't a proper thread about Rubber Queens. There's not anywhere near the level of hyperbole required.

Zukemonster
    Free Member

yes the same as Onzadog anybody know the width of a 2.4?

thanks

tron
    Free Member

60mm on a Reetard rim (21mm internal width, 26.6mm external). As far as I can see, they're the same size as a 2.4 Fat Albert, just a bit taller.

chakaping
    Free Member

2.4 RQ on Flow = 63 or 64mm

I just popped to the garage to measure it for you.

Highly recommended, the best tyre in the world ever, etc etc

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Thanks very much guys 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

cheers chaka

Northwind

Overrated tbh, they roll like a smaller tyre but they also grip like a smaller tyre. Huge volume though so that makes for great comfort on a hardtail but they're not as amazing as some'd have you think. Still a very good tyre but not the second coming as some would have you believe.

Onzadog
    Free Member

What tyre for the second coming?

Northwind

They do not ride on water either 😥

Onzadog
    Free Member

Seriously though, I'm open to suggestions as to what would better the RQ in the Alps. (UST only please)

james-o
    Free Member

tbh, High Roller 2.35 UST, RQ 2.2 UST, it's getting so close it's down to prerefences or just getting on with it. I like the way Conti UST and Shimano wheels go together dry with a track pump though, that decided it for me.

anc
    Free Member

The new Schwalbe Fat Albert(front and rear specific) are fantastic in the lakes, best tyre i've ran in 20+ yrs. Roll well, climb well, descent well and are fairly robust. Only down side is the price!! 😯 Mate who runs 2.35 HR's LUST's is getting a lot more rips/cuts in the tyre riding the same stuff at the same sort of speed, might be bad luck, maybe not. But he ain't getting HR's again as they seem a bit flimsy on sharp rock.

richmtb

Panaracer Rampages, great tyres I believe there is a UST version as well

Onzadog
    Free Member

Did I hear right that the Rampage UST comes in a 2.35"?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Continental Rubber Queen sizing?’ is closed to new replies.