Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Continental Mountain King as a rear tyre
  • afrothunder88

Morning,

Looking at getting a Continental Mountain King in the 2.4, kevlar bead guise as a rear tyre, will be running a 2.4 Rubber Queen on the front. Building the bike up to be an uplift/trail sort of thing.

I generally ride balls out downhill and crawl uphill & regularly frequent Lee Quarry which is why below concerns me a bit.

Reviews suggest its a good allrounder but rubbish on wet rock, Looking for some real world experiences from UK riders. Will it be okay? Will I die? Or should I get a 2.2 Rubber Queen for the rear?

I have searched, but found pretty much jack all.

Cheers,

Rich

chakaping
    Free Member

I've used the 2.4 Protection kevlar bead MK in Spain and for some mild DH at Ae.

It's a good rear tyre for 'trail' riding IMO, but is a bit thin and squirmy for uplift (if that means riding down DH runs). But the black chili compound is good on all surfaces, including wet rock.

I'd go with the RQ if I were you.

Speshpaul

I like to run a MK protection with ghetto tubeless for the summer. Never had any problems, i find it does wet but not mud.

robgarrioch

I'd definitely advise against MKs on the front for wet rock, after crashing heavily at Innerleithen; been round Lee Q a couple of times with them with no problems (2.2 MK Protection, black chilli), but the Specialized Eskars that came on the bike have gone back on & are better in the damp.

roughneck
    Free Member

you need the Protection one's the others are like paper. I've gone RQ 2.2.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Continental Mountain King as a rear tyre’ is closed to new replies.