Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Continental don't seem convinced by plus…
  • matt_outandabout
    mattyfez

I was right all along.. 2.4 on a 27mm internal rim. 😆 😆

How do I apply for a job at continental? 😆

scotroutes

For enduro? Neither am I.

gwurk
    Free Member

RC is an idiot

“I challenged that that tire makers were either unwilling or unprepared to develop new manufacturing methods that would result in a lightweight laterally stiff plus-sized rim and tire combination”

and Conti make terrible enough tyres already.

sillyoldman

Gwurk – tried the more recent offerings? The models with the Protection Apex carcass? I like them, and a lot of (faster than me) riders I know who were sceptical about Conti like them too.

wrecker
    Free Member

Conti make brilliant tyres.

continuity
    Free Member

[*]News just in, plus size is less helpful if you can actually pick lines.

Bears shit in woods.

Pope catholic.

26 is the best wheel size.

mattyfez

Conti make brilliant tyres.

*for cars

That said the race kings are good imo, they feel fragile but roll nicely on hard surfaces, horses for courses and all that.

wrecker
    Free Member

Trail king apex are as good as anything else out there and better than most.

orangespyderman

I’ve just put some Der Baron Projekt on the Jeffsy and really rather liking them. Is there something wrong with me?*

*Because of this. I know there’s lots wrong with me otherwise.

chiefgrooveguru

The best Conti bike tyres are outstanding.

mattyfez

You’d think all the car/motor sports R&D they have behind them as an established tyre manufacturer would mean something, and it does, I’m considering swapping from Shwalbe to conti.

BearBack
    Free Member

Seems an odd thread title being that Conti have 4 tyres coming in late 2017 for 27.5×2.6.. or are we not calling 2.6 tyres plus sized?

Baron, Trail King, Mountain king and X-king all in 2.6

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I love how everything I predicted, everyones ditching true 650b plus tyres and going with tyres you can fit in a standard **** frames oh and Whyte are going slacker and reducing the reaches on their bikes to sensible values, coils forks are returning to the scene and 29ers didn’t dominate the WC.

Suck my balls journos!

Maybe I should set up my own mag!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I don’t think 2.6 can really be classed as ‘plus’ can they bearback?.

chvck
    Free Member

I don’t think 2.6 can really be classed as ‘plus’ can they bearback?.

I wouldn’t class them as plus. Even that 0.4″ feels totally different. My bike came with 3.0″ plus tyres and I’m now on 2.6″. The plus tyres were much rounder and kind of “floatier” (can’t think of word to describe that). The 2.6s just feel a big normal tyre, which I prefer.

chiefgrooveguru

Also it sounds like their new 2.6″ tyres are going to be lower profile – if that’s the case they’ll be nothing like high volume high sidewall 2.8 or 3″ tyres in terms of ride feel or total diameter.

BearBack
    Free Member

I don’t disagree that 2.6 is right on the border of ‘plus’.
    Maxxis dont call their tyres + until 2.8, Schwalbe do have 2.6 as 27.5+, Scott aren’t calling their 2.8″ tyre’d sparks plus bikes for 2018.
    Anyway, key point is that Contis marketing material calls their 2.6 tyres “B+”

Del

900g tyres are where it’s at? Stick a 900g tyre on the back of my HT and I’ll kill it in under a month. No problem. Fine for the front.

Northwind

BearBack – Member

or are we not calling 2.6 tyres plus sized?

It’s just a tyre, my highroller 2.7 wasn’t a plus tyre when i got it in about 2010…

2.6 actually seems like a pretty decent idea- extra choice without any bullshit. On my wide rims my 2.5 minions measure 2.6, they’re great. But they’re just tyres.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Continental don't seem convinced by plus…’ is closed to new replies.