Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Conti Vapour 2.1 – Any good???????
  • dickie
    Free Member

Thinking off getting a UST pair for winter use – any good??

foxyrider
    Free Member

Awful IMHO – in the wet 2 years ago they were soooo unpredictable – luckly the back got a big slash in it and I got new tyres 🙂 maybe other think different ?

Seamus
    Free Member

Very small for quoted size and no grip in any conditions. Tried front and back, They're awfull.

sunchaser
    Free Member

I had a pair & hated them… very unpredictable (as mentioned above) Not too clever on dusty trails, not that we've had many of those this summer.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Not a fan, I gave a pair of mine away.

imp999
    Free Member

Commenting on tyres is difficult because of the many variables but….
    Nahhh, especially for the winter.

I will mostly be on Trailraker and ACXs when the weather breaks.

glenp
    Free Member

They are certainly not a mud tyre.

Also quite small for nominal size.

Quite fast rolling is the best thing I'd say – mine have been relegated to my spare hardtail and get used for general pootling about – pub bike through the woods, spare commuter – indeed I rode in today and a 42 minute journey by proper road bike was turned into 47 minutes on rigid hardtail with Vapors.

For winter I'd def get something grippier – fast rolling is virtually meaningless in winter.

dickie
    Free Member

OK thanks, I'll look elsewhere & that explains why there £30 a pair for UST.

Olly
    Free Member

predictably bad.

which is good.

they will washout under pretty much any cornering, but you KNOW when they are going to, unlike some that could go at any minute….

also, VERY little buzz from them, due to the pattern, so "good" for those rides with a fair amount of road in them….

martyntr
    Free Member

I used to use them around here (mid wales)… but nowhere near as good as Mountain kings….

giantjason
    Free Member

i had them on my hardtail but after slipping and sliding everywhere i decided to get rid of them.

I wouldnt buy them again.

afrothunder88

Another vote against here, any hint of mud and I'd want to run a mile in the other direction, but I'd usually be too busy slipping all over the show. Replacing with Nevegals at the moment.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I'm a conti vapour hater too. Worst tyre I've used in a long while. Looks like it should work, but for some unknown reason doesn't.

nickc

It's about the only tyre I would actively tell people not to get

glenh
    Free Member

I would have to agree that they are uniformly non-grippy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Conti Vapour 2.1 – Any good???????’ is closed to new replies.