Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Conti Tyres – best place to buy???
  • OrangeLad
    Free Member

So whilst riding this weekend I managed to slice through the tread of a tyre under braking giving me a puncture stand wouldn’t seal.

Been looking around this evening and think I’ve settled on a set of Continentals, however with them being German I”m assuming the cheapest place to buy is a german site. Anyone have any recommendation? so far Bike24 seem to be the cheap place by a considerable way..

bikeneil
    Free Member

Your local bike shop would be the ‘best’ place to buy. No idea on the cheapest though.

duir
    Free Member

I managed to slice through the tread of a tyre under braking

Go for continental, they will magically transfer the slicing of the tread to the sidewall instead.

souldrummer
    Free Member

I’ve always got mine from Pro Bike Kit; but that’s road tyres. Seem cheap and they often do great deals as well.

old_mtber
    Free Member

What tyre are you looking for?
    I’ve a set of Barons for sale. 26 x 2.35 Black Chilli and almost new.
    Email in profile if interested.

antares
    Free Member
    vonplatz
    Free Member

You’ll probably be fine but I’m selling a trail king i just bought semi unused. It just wouldn’t air up tubeless. I tried everything, track pump, c02, c02 no valve, garage air compressor valve and no valve. I just feel the air escaping and it wouldn’t catch. 2.2 on Syntace w35 rims.

OrangeLad
    Free Member

Was looking at mountain king 2.2 race sports, where I normally ride I don’t have an issue with the Smart Sam’s I’ve got when it comes to them getting damaged just they don’t tend to grip hence the looking it change to another tyre. Just this weekend on the Isle of Wight I must have caught a sharp flint whilst hanging off the brakes like a monkey. I think the Barons will be too chunky for my set up, I tend to find I can go for a lighter kit and normally make it last.

slimporcini
    Free Member

Bike discount.de

qwerty
    Free Member

looking at mountain king 2.2 race sports,

I have a Race Sport rear & a Protection front, the performance from the Protection far outweighs its added weight over the Race Sport. The sidewalls are so thin on the RS you either have to run it with a higher PSI or feel it folding over in turns or ding/pinch flat on rocky stuff. The Protections tougher sidewalls allow a lower PSI with more rigidity and less chance of a pinch flat (still running tubes here).

welshfarmer

Have bought from both Bike-discount.de and Bike24.de

have rung the latter while waiting for delivery and they were helpful and friendly and even answered the phone in English (you use a different number on the english contact site than on the german one).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Conti Tyres – best place to buy???’ is closed to new replies.