Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Conti speed kings – any users on here?
  • GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Got a pair in the loft (2.1 folders none black chilli)

How are they as an all rounder? mud/rock is typical terrain.

I would be using them tubeless on stans rims – what pressure am i looking at – don't contis need to be run hard?

DannyLeigh
    Free Member

I'm running one on the front, seems good, but can sometimes wash out, on the whole though in deep soil and rocks they seem to do well.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Not good in mud IMO Maybe a bit thin sidewalls for rocks as well – I only run them with tubes in summer – and they do seem to like highish pressures

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

What pressure are you running?

DannyLeigh
    Free Member

I run them at 30-35 psi with tubes, and they seem to do nicely, but that said I do only weigh about 50-55 kilos.

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

Fast rolling but rubbish in the mud and wet. I had 2.1 folders, very narrow. I would imagine they'd be great on bone dry tracks but not at all great on rocky stuff like the Peak District.
    40psi front and rear.

DannyLeigh
    Free Member

I find also, that they do seem to work better at low pressures, as all the lugs make contact and they seem very grippy. This does however, make them quite draggy.

tazzymtb

they don't like a stans set up as speedkings need to be over 40psi to handle nicely and stans rims tend to let go of tires in a deafening boom over 40psi and leave all in it's area looking like a bukake film!

Slogo
    Free Member

I got a set of the on one specials there great for the summer. on the hard tracks, dirt, great on grass and im finding them ok in the mud. roll really nicely over the purbecks!

Dont use them on the road ive noticed alot of wear on the rear after 30-40 miles of comuting on the road. and you can really hear them dragging!

oldgit
    Free Member

Edit.
    Miss read that as race kings,Speed kings are great.

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

used them last year, the cheapo £13 ones. Loved them, ran them in bone dry to southdowns soap mud and was very impressed. Im not a little lad either, 16stone. The rear wears quite fast though.

banginon

I ran a set for nearly two years, thru the winter at Drumalnrig and all over the Sanitized 7 and further north, did a Puffer on them first time out. Only just swapped them for some mountain kings as thats what i had lying about the shop. I liked them and thought they worked well in the mud, ie they didn't pick up and turn into slicks and they were really predictable, sure they slipped a bit but you new when they'd go and that they'd grip again somewhere soon. 2.3 on the front 2.1 on the back, just the regular folders not the chille compound. Loved them, I ran mine at 25 – 30psi for Drum and a bit higher for rockier trails and I'm about 75kg.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Found them ok in the dry, but really unpredictable in terms of washout on the front. 2.1 Pros in my case.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Conti speed kings – any users on here?’ is closed to new replies.