Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Conti RQ BC Pressure???
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve just got some of the 2.2s and I was wondering what pressures you guys run (they only came today, so I haven’t had a chance to fit them yet).

I ride mainly around the Surrey Hills, so loam and roots are the usual fair.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Mine are the tubeless run ghetto’d at 30 psi front and 35psi rear but then I am with riding kit 18 stone on a hardtail.

mikey74
    Free Member

I’ll be running tubed-up, weighing about 12 stone kitted up and on a full-suss.

Thanks for the input.

boxxer7
    Free Member

I would be looking at running them around 30, I had the 2.4s and ran them at about 25psi little less in the front. They have just gone back to conti as they deformed beyond belief!

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Hard to say really, i’d try 40 p.s.i. first – easier to let air out 🙂

I run mine at 40 p.s.i.

Im tubed up on a full-bouncer and weigh 16 stone.

P.S. These are by far the sweetest tyres i have ever used 🙂

Tried Kenda Nevegals, Panaracer Rampage (seriously bad) Maxxis HR 1’s / 2’s – Not a patch on the Conti’s!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

IME they run happily at lower pressures than some other tyres – I am running 30 / 35 ish I run conti mountain kings at 40 / 45 for example – no squirming at 30 psi in the front

13 stone on a hardtail

So try 35 for a start point

mikey74
    Free Member

Cheers folks. I’ll hopefully give them a go at the weekend, although with all this rain I may have to put on my Swampthings hahaha

timraven

I run them tubeless on a full sus at about 28-30psi, 14 stone kitted up, great all round tyre.

Stiggy

13 stone, tubed, 30, 35ish

mikey74
    Free Member

One thing that does worry me is the lack of a shoulder edge compared to my High Rollers. For this reason I may start off fairly hard in order to try and retain any edge that it there when cornering. Make sense?

I do run fairly wide rims as well (Spank Subrosa) which may effect their form as well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Conti RQ BC Pressure???’ is closed to new replies.