Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Conti race Kings – Black Chili
  • Kahurangi

I have a non BC race kings and it’s a bit pants. I’d like to give the BC ones a try (the race sport version with the slightly thicker than supersonic side walls) but at £40 I’m thinking not.

Unless folks have something good to say about them? I’d be going for the 2.2″ on a hardtail for use over the most of the summer. Local rides, big rides and lake district.

alpin
    Free Member

imo, no. don’t bpther with race kings.

They are incredibly fast but I wouldn’t use them on big rocks.

Oh and the tiniest bit of mud and you’ll be all over the place 😮

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    float
    Free Member

try to get them from one of the continental online shops. theyre a bit cheaper over there.

Kahurangi

tiniest bit of mud

That’s ok, mud’s normal aplenty over on my normal trails! It’s a bit dusty at the moment though.

Seems like they’re not what I’m really after. Thanks.

mightymarmite
    Free Member

I have ss race kings on a 1×9 and they are incredibly fast, but squirrelly at the best of times and not exactly confidence inspiring. That said given what I use them for namely fitness miles they are perfect.

I have just fitted the x-king RC as tubeless to my fsr, and early days but they are showing great form, granted its been dry of late but they have done the tors around derwent, as well as cannock and are very sure footed and very little speed difference to the race king.

If only the buggars would stop losing air!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I’ve been trying to get an X-King Protection to work tubeless on UST rims, to no avail.

Used the 2.4s on the Dyfi though and genuinely believe I’m in love.

sputnik
    Free Member

Hi Jon, have a look at Maxxis Aspens. They are fast rollers and give surprisingly good grip.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Conti race Kings – Black Chili’ is closed to new replies.