Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Conti Mountain King at OnOne
  • atlaz
    Free Member

Not able to find reviews of any other than the Black Chilli versions (which these aren't). Anyone got them and if so how are they as I'm looking to replace my Eskars with them before I have an ego destroying accident.

robinbetts
    Free Member

If they're not the Black Chilli compound and protection (better sidewalls) stay well clear. No grip and pinch flat galore.

MS
    Free Member

Disagree. Only had one puncture with them. Pinch flat is more down to pressure being to low and u hitting things hard.

Try get the black chilli ones, as they last a lot longer.

atlaz
    Free Member

Black chilli ones aren't £20 for two 😛

sofaking
    Free Member

i have them on the front of a couple of bikes(non chili versions) and i really like them.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Absolute rubbish tyres, multiple pinch-flats even at high pressure.
    Silly thin sidewalls no good for mountainbiking, not fit for purpose GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Smee
    Free Member

Maybe they're just not suitable for the type of riding you do, or perish the thought – maybe you're crap on a bike like me.

Nonsense
    Free Member

They came as stock on my bike. They were ok but come up small and don't have massive amounts of grip, plus I also found they punctured fairly easily. They are that cheap for a reason.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Never had a problem with punctures but they're not the grippiest, ditched mine after thinking I had a flat at Whinlatter, it was just the tyre sliding about.

IdleJon

I've had MKs on my new bike for the last few months or so – they came with the bike. I'm not sure which compound but they are kevlar beads. I normally swap new bike tyres for better ones pretty much straight away, but these worked pretty well. They've been used locally, at trail centres, the Torchbearer solo at 24/12 etc. They get more grip than you'd expect by looking at the tread pattern and are pretty fast running with it.

However, I've had about 10 punctures in that time as well – I can't remember a period of time when I've bought so many puncture repair kits. A couple of those flats were from pinch punctures, but the majority were from thorns.

Basically, grip isn't an issue but show it a thorn, it'll go flat. They've both been replaced with Panaracers but only because of the puncture problem.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Conti Mountain King at OnOne’ is closed to new replies.