Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Conti MK2 2.2" for Les Arcs?
  • strike
    Free Member

Quite sold on the MK2 tyres (and can get a pair cheap), but I want something that I can use in the UK as well ie not to wide/sluggish, hence going for a 2.2″ over the 2.4″.

Good choice or not?

continuity
    Free Member

Dunno what “sold” means, but if you have ridden them and like them then sure. I’d grab a high roller for the front for the alps and then remove it at home.

tracknicko
    Free Member

in les arcs? ooooh i dunnoooo

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scruff
    Free Member

Is Les Arcs sharp rocks at high speed or more round rocks at slower speeds or both / neither ?

steveh

No idea on the actual tread pattern but most people run dual plys when riding around les arcs as punctures are common. One of the new TA guides last year got 5 flats in 2 days before changing.

strike
    Free Member

I used Nobby Nics in the Morzine last year and was NOT impressed by durability ie nobs tearing and also quite a few punctures.

I’ve almost always used Conti tyres and they usually combine a great balance of price/weight/wear. I don’t want anything too massive as ideally I’d use them for normal riding (ie forest tracks) at home too – hence I’ve arrived at the choice of a MK2 2.2″.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i went with comp 16s in les arcs ….

cant see MKs being much cope tbh

low PSI and sticky is way forward – youll achieve neither with MKs.

good mix of roots and rocks with it largely being roots and the whole shebang being slidy !

scruff
    Free Member

Supetacky dual ply? I take it you didnt do much riding to trails further away from the lift ?

trail_rat
    Free Member

name me some and ill tell you.

trail_rat
    Free Member

tempting to try and grab a last minute flight out.

scruff
    Free Member

Dunno not been yet.

trail_rat
    Free Member

well i can assure you that if your there for a week you wont need to ride very far from the lifts – certainly not in upwards direction

at no point did i regret the comp 16s – even riding along the valley to bourg st maurice from la plagne

the climb up to la varda was a chode – but then my bike had a head angle akin to that of something out of OCC (on one summer season with z150s)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Conti MK2 2.2" for Les Arcs?’ is closed to new replies.