Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Contaminated fuel, is it mechanical damage or an insurance claim?
  • the00
    Free Member

My van developed a misfire, so it’s gone to the garage. They have found injector damage, and suspect contaminated fuel – they have a sample which is discolored and has a fair amount of water in. The fix will need at least one new injector.

The mechanic described that some people have been able to claim for a repair on insurance, but my company (Brentacre) say no, as it is classed as mechanical damage which is not covered.

Has anyone got any advice as to whether I may have an argument to pursue?

wwaswas

do you know where you go the fuel from? I’d approach them first. Then the local paper to see if others are affected.

the00
    Free Member

I don’t always buy my fuel from the same place, and it could have been some time ago that the contamination was picked up 🙁

takisawa2

Dodgy fuel from Morrisons cost my brother a few hundred pounds for his Kia Sportage. On approaching Morrisons obviously nobody else had complained. 🙄

trail_rat
    Free Member

is your van a transit ?

story sounds familiar.

sharkbait
    Free Member

You have no hope getting a garage to admit it was fuel from them so just pay up.
    Happened to me a long time ago. I knew where the fuel came from but they denied all knowledge/responsibility – a week later they were pulling the old tanks out and replacing them….. they must have been running the tanks down before replacement. Bstards.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Contaminated fuel, is it mechanical damage or an insurance claim?’ is closed to new replies.