Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Contact lenses?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Pro tip: avoid taking your lenses out just after cutting raw chillies.

Yeah, not *just* after.. more like 24 hours after!

geoffj

Got a couple of trial sets from the opto yesterday. They are really not too bad at all. Getting them in is a piece of piss, but I need to refine my extraction methodology. It’s a bit of a revelation not having frames in the field of view 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

You can get little doofers for putting them in/taking them out. Look in amazon/eBay for contact lens extractors, or some such.

tenfoot

I find my lens in my right eye shifts about a bit when I’m on the bike. I have a consultation next week and hope to sort it out. Left eye, no problem at all.

I did once try to remove a lens that was already out. That hurt a bit 😯

Jamie
    Free Member

I find my lens in my right eye shifts about a bit when I’m on the bike. I have a consultation next week and hope to sort it out. Left eye, no problem at all.

Just dab a bit of glue on it, should sort it out.*

*Do not dab a bit of glue on it, as it won’t sort it out.

tenfoot

Maybe I have the wrong lens size for my riding style.

geoffj

I’ll have a look at the plunger doofers, but I suspect I just need a bit of practice.

Sandwich

Specsaver chap was very rude to me when I went for a trial, saying my eyes were very small and deeply set, so there was no way he could get them in.

Possibly your lenses would have been expensive for them to provide and his bonus would have disappeared!

Wearing monthly disposables for over 10 years. In for a week at a time, a days rest wearing glasses, repeat then throw away after a month. I have torics for astigmatism, but I also need +2 reading glasses while they are in.

isitafox
    Free Member

I agree with Jamie on the first page, Specsavers monthly lenses. I tried a lot of different shops and types before I got these a month before they were released and I’ve never looked back. Putting them in and taking out is easy and I swim in mine once a week without problems.
    Been using these for years now and never had a problem or a bad eye checkup.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Contact lenses?’ is closed to new replies.