Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Contact Lens wearers – advice (about biking particularly)
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I've asked the question about antibiotics the medics have said its not necessary as its a different set of bugs to the ones in our mouths.

but there may be no connection between heart valve susceptibility and the eye. I mean, I'd always suck the crap out of a cut on my hand etc…

simon_g

Have also used daily disposables for years. My job is sitting in front of a computer all day so I stopped wearing contacts every day and got some nice glasses instead. I keep a stock of daily disposables for when I need them – swimming, MTBing, climbing, diving, snowboarding. I find 3 months supply lasts me 7-8 months.

No probs with them at all (but I was on soft monthlies before so not a big change). I didn't wear clear glasses for a while and just used a crud catcher and dealt with the odd bit of stray mud in my eye. It's easy to carry a spare pair at the bottom of your camelbak though so if you got more mud in there than you can deal with by blinking, take it out, flush with water then put a new lens in.

Found some safety specs (Bolle Siliums) though which work great for me, comfy and no steaming up, so I always wear those when the weather is too dark for sunglasses.

theotherjonv

Top stuff all. Like others have said, rinsing a lens in your mouth and then back to your eye is eeuurgghh, unhygienic, not recommended and dangerous. Hasn't stopped me doing it for 30 years with no harm coming to me though.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Contact Lens wearers – advice (about biking particularly)’ is closed to new replies.