Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • consumer rights help needed please!! wrong sofa delivered!
  • nacho
    Free Member

Consumer rights when buying a sofa

I just read this thread so if this has already appeared sorry, otherwise I hope this helps, they have an online solicitor. Renton they must have caused you so much persional grief, what a bunch of ****’s

McHamish
    Free Member

^what he said

renton
    Free Member

now he has offered the correct part how would it look on me though if i still push for a refund??

my wife is sick of the whole lot of it and does not want them having our money in way shape or form!!

sadexpunk

im with your wife. so to speak 🙂

wouldnt be wanting them to have a penny of my money.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I work in the retail trade (Motor). Believe me, there is NOTHING that causes more trouble than a customer making a scene.

From what (Other) dealers have experienced with customers turning up with big vehicles signwritten with their problems on, they have all sorted the problems out straight away.

If you want to cause them trouble i would get a big sheet and write your message on it in big letters Dont write anything that isnt true. Just say you bought furniture, it hasnt arrived as ordered and the shop is unwilling to look after you. Maybe back it up with a few hundred leaflets. That lot wont cost you much more than your time. The shop will hate your guts. What have you got to lose? I wouldnt trust them to order the correct piece. Delaying tactics imo

renton
    Free Member

I just done want to tell him to shove the offer up his arse and then take it to court and lose!!

he also said that if i continue to post on the internet he is going to sue me for slander…..

can you all take a look at the thread here……….

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?276793-EXCLUSIVE-LEATHER-SOFAS-LIMITED-winding-up-order

and tell me if i have said anything wrong at all. my username is rneton on there to.

cheers

steve

backhander
    Free Member

Tell them you want your money back or 5 more people will add to the thread above every day and get us lot to do it.

renton
    Free Member

thanks for all the guidance people.

i just wanted to make sure that as he has offered to replace the incorrect part i still dont have to except it and can still push for a full refund.

Cougar

I suggest a) that he looks up slander in the dictionary, because it doesn’t mean what he thinks it means, and,

b) you tell them that after several months they’ve proved unable to provide what you’ve ordered, therefore you’ll be pursuing a refund and want no further contact from them that doesn’t pertain directly to that.

renton
    Free Member

also how do you think my crdit card company will look at it now he has offered to order us the correct bit of sofa?? will i still be able to persue them for a full refund if the shop still refuses?

spooky_b329

you will need to read your CC T&C’s, not sure how it works when you’ve only paid the deposit by card.

renton
    Free Member

thaks for all the replies.

me and the wife still dont know which way to turn.

we are worried that if we tell him to stuff his offer(which is verbal at the moment) then it will look bad on us if it goes to court.

also ditto the credit card company, how will that reflect on their decision to offer us a full refund??

anyone else care to help??

uplink
    Free Member

I can’t see anyone giving you a definitive answer on that

Time to have a quick chat with a solicitor or get it in writing & take them up on their offer & put it down to experience

tthew

Renton,

I feel really sorry for you about this, it’s real shoddy. Anyhow, having had a little look at that consumer rights forum, if there’s a possibility that the supplier is going to be going you need to be taking whatever is the faster course of action, prob full refund through the small claims court. There’s been a suggestion of a delaying tactic, and if they did do bust while you were waiting for the correct part to turn up, then you are left dealing with the receivers. Solicitor sounds like a good idea.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Get pro advice if you need reassurance.

However for me it is simple. YOu have not got what you have ordered. Return the wrong thing and ask for your money back. If they won’t play ball its small claims court.

They are relying on you being browbeaten into accepting the sofa. Daon’t.

Much easier to say behind a keyboard than to do in person.

CAB for advice

renton
    Free Member

thanks for the replies, we are going to tell them to stuff the offer of the correct corner piece as so far they have not apologised to us in any way, told us loads of lies and have basically tried to bully us into accepting the incorrect sofa.

going to see cab in the morning and then onto a solicitor in the afternoon if i have too.

renton
    Free Member

hi all, we are waiting for trading standards to call us back but in the mean time here are a couple of scans of the order and of the compliments slip i was on about………..

this is the order from…
    ……..

this is the comp slip with the sizes on…………………

as you can see they are both in the same hadwriting and only the comp slip has the saizes on.

the sizes on the comp slip are what we based our order on as with those measurements the sofa would fit in our room

do you think that could be used as evidence??

toys19
    Free Member

There were a load of posts here earlier what happened?

renton
    Free Member

i think it was becuase i had left my details on the order form like a dick !!

what was the general consensous ?

nosofa
    Free Member

hi renton how have you got on with your sofa? im in the process of taking them to a small claims court as i have still not received my chair i ordered last july. just getting abuse when i call them and they are refusing to make the chair in the colour i ordered unless i pay an extra £300

spooky_b329

Funny, I just did a search for this thread to get an update as well 🙂

renton
    Free Member

sorry not been on here for a while and only just noticed the last few posts on here.

anyway after a lot of talking to consumer direct and a contact at trading standards i got a call from the owner of the shop telling me they can supply us with the correct corner piece .

apaarently it will match the rest of the sofa perfectly and should be with us in less than 12 weeks.

we told them that if its not here within 12 weeks we are going to take further action…………

However………………

I also contacted my credit card company and held them jointly liable under the section 75 part of the credit act, at first they refues to refund us so i took it further on to the financial ombudsman who overrulled the credit card company and told them to pay us back !!!

my wife contacted the cc company and explanined what was happening and that they have 12 weeks to get the correct piece to us and the cc company said thats fine, if the corner isnt with you by 12 weeks and 1 day write the sofa shop a letter telling them to come and collect the rest of the sofa, the cc company will then refund us the full amount !!!

if you have been ripped off by this company please get in touch with worcester trading standards as they are looking into the company as we speak!!

cheers

renton

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Good news at last! It’s just a shame you (and the rest of us 😉 ) had to go through all that!

Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘consumer rights help needed please!! wrong sofa delivered!’ is closed to new replies.