Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Considering a Toyota Celica – anyone with experience of them?
  • Dangerboy
    Free Member

Currently driving a Honda Civic which fits my needs in almost every way, but the ridiculously uncompromising suspension is starting to annoy me.

I’m thinking of trading in most of man points (and self respect) for a Celica. It would be older, less practical, less efficient, more expensive to tax and fuel etc., but there seem to be a lot of nice, relatively low mileage ones around for £2.5-3.5k.

Would be looking at a post 2003 with the normal 1.8 engine.

Does anyone on here have/had one?
    How are they for bike duties and for motorway commuting?

Thanks!

damitamit
    Free Member

Surely you need a T Sport?

Mines good for bike duties; easily fits two bikes with wheels off. Can fit three. Its a bit noisy on the motorway though.

brassneck

Had a Corolla Verso and in terms of hassle free it was top of the pile, I’ve had more issues with my S Max in 6 months of ownership than 4 years with the Toyota.
    The 1.8 VVTi is rock solid, but not especially cheap to run (as you’ve indicated).
    I think the Celica is rather nice looking. A GT4 version is also pretty nuts if you want to play a bit in it.

A work colleague sold a Boxster for a Celica, and was happier with it. Partially due to him being in a metal band and needing a bit more ‘stack space’ but mainly that he got to use it everyday as a car whilst the Porsche spent long days accumulating bills at the garage.

Lot to be said for it if it can handle the load you have I’d say.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Considering a Toyota Celica – anyone with experience of them?’ is closed to new replies.