Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Connecting to gas mains quesiton
  • lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Just moved into a new house and I want to get it connected to the gas mains. It’s situated behind a larger house that is already connected to the mains.

Question is it only British Gas that can do this or are there other companies?

Cheers for the help.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

get in touch with british gas and if they wont do it they’ll tell you who can

project
    Free Member

Bit of hose pipe and plenty of gaffer tape, should do.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Where are you located?
    I enquired to BG & they handed the whole job over to Wales & West utilities ltd. then came back after to stick their meter on the end of the pipe (I’m in North Cornwall)

cb

I had this done with Transco (was part of BG at the time I think). Took 10 years off my life – complete nightmare.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

In Scotland.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Cost about £550 (normally cheaper but involved digging up the council owned pavement) took 2 months (but most of this was notice to highway authority for roadworks permission) Details here

Bear
    Free Member

Transco / Southern Gas Networks and others I beleive. Can be expensive, and a nightmare to deal with…..

bear-uk
    Free Member

I wanted my meter moving to the outside wall, directly above the mains inlet pipe. £400 for less than 1m repositioning and I had to supply and fit the cavity wall box. That was with Northern utilities.

Dino
    Free Member

Transco national grid
    you pay them and they send u a contractor to do the work
    instead of turning up themselves
    not cheap and as above a pain to deal with

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Connecting to gas mains quesiton’ is closed to new replies.