• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by apj.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Connecting PC wirelessly
  • MikeT-23
    Free Member

Simple tech advice needed, please.

Telephone jack in new gaff is far too far to connect PC to broadband by cable, so have to do so wirelelessly.
    Using my BT HomeHub 2.0, and already connecting 2 laptops, 2 smartphones and a Nintendo Wii. What is the best way to connect the PC wirelessly with the best download speeds under the circumstances?
    I know there are USB options, but which one for around £20?

Cheers.

somouk
    Free Member

There are quite a few about. I always find a TP Link one is normally cheap and works well.

Speeds depend on the distance to the router from the PC location and things like the wall thickness etc. Do a site survey using inssider and make sure you’re on the best wifi channel.

Alternatively consider a powerline kit.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Try the TP LINK usb dongle, model number TL-WDN3200. I have one on upstairs PC and it is faultless.

alanf
    Free Member

I’ve used a netgear in the past and it’s been no problems.

jambalaya
    Free Member

If you don’t want / need to move the PC you can connect it to the router via a TP-Link Ethernet setup. Two plugs, each go into wall secoket – best if not extension lead – then Ethernet cable from router to TP and another to PC. This costs £25 plus the cables. If you want wifi then TP-Wifi does the same but with a wifi router at the PC end, this costs about £75

apj
    Free Member

Just bought a TP-link kit: was about £25 from Amazon and came with the ethernet cables. Just plugged it in and it just worked, no setup required, saves fiddling around with channels etc

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Connecting PC wirelessly’ is closed to new replies.