Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Confused!!!
  • madal
    Free Member

Now I love bikes……all bikes 8) When I was "fit" 🙄 I have to say that running was my main and strongest sport, swimming unless underwater was my weakest and the bike ride I found easy to adapt too, so very rarely did any mileage on a bike and went for the "I'll get the best bike available and just go for it!!" approach, knowing that on the run I'd get the places I'd lost back and hopefully gain some…………always worked for me and did quite well out of it.

All went well and I packed in the game in 1999, I'd done what I'd wanted and then not so long after I had to pack all physical stuff in due to health problems that were work related, sold off everything 🙁

This year, although I am now 56 I have managed to get back riding and have the off road bikes for my family to join me in the forests, BUT I have this burning desire to get some road mileage and TT's going :lol:, in the past all my "miles" would have been on an off-road bike and I think I will stick to what I know, so, I have had a look at at the bikes available and contacted all the local on-line shops etc (we live in the sticks), given all details/requirements and completely hit a brick wall, i.e. can't be bothered to reply.

At the moment I'm thinking pre-owned or even public transport 🙄 😆

brakes
    Free Member

I'm confused too

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It's true, you know. Coming out of the closet is really difficult to do. I'm sure you friends and family will understand.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Now that is a long post!!

So you're after a road bike for some big miles and the odd TT. Why not get some slick tyres for your mountain bike. You're looking at less than £50 and it won't be that much slower than a roady.

At least it will get you out on the road.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Ur, what was the question again ❓

zaskar
    Free Member

Get yourself a 2nd hand bike then or even a cheap road bike that could be relegated or winter training or something you could sell on but not so rubbish that it puts you off.

Roadbikes can be difficult to be comfy on so it would help if you could try or get meansured for it.

Take a break, decide what you want and do it.

madal
    Free Member

Glad you understand my dilemma guys 😆

madal
    Free Member

I do like the idea of slicks on a mountain bike, I've a Kona Explosif that could very well do the job 8), me thinks a visit to our local supplier is on the horizon, thanks all………Al 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Confused!!!’ is closed to new replies.